End of a Chapter [Ch12, P2]

The last week of school goes by quickly. My first time with Junior was awkward and a little uncomfortable as to be expected but we soon got the hang of things. Diana took Tom to a Soccer Tournament down in Sydney so Junior and I are staying at his place. We have been enjoying each others company immensely and can't wait for January. Junior got his drivers licence yesterday and my test is next week. We have been looking at cheap cars determined to buy something before we leave for Queensland.

"My boxes ship in a week." Ellie says flopping down onto Junior's couch.

"Are you excited? Wait, a week? That means you will have no stuff over Christmas."

"I'm leaving some stuff here just taking the important things with me. I'll be coming home for holidays and of course visiting you guys."

"I'm going to miss you Elle."

"I'll miss you too. I just wish we were friends longer."

"All that matter is that we are friends now." I say playfully punching her arm.

"I'm seriously excited for N.I.D.A."

"So you should be! It is a massive achievement Ellie."

There is a knock at the door and Junior yells from the kitchen for me to answer it. Walking to the door the knocking continues and I open the door to reveal Chad.

"Hi Jay."

"Hey Chad, I didn't know you were coming."

"Thought I'd pop in to see Junior is that ok?"

"Yeah of course come in." I step back letting him inside and shut the door behind him. "Junior is in the kitchen if you want to go on through."

"Thanks." Chad walks passed the lounge and stops when he notices Ellie. "Hey Elle." He says softly.

"Hi Chad." Ellie says happily. He looks taken aback by her casual nature but I know this is all part of her new plan.

"Uh right I'll just go see Junior." He says raising an eyebrow and continuing on his way. Ellie and I continue to sit and chat about our Universities until Junior and Chad enter the room with soft drink, chicken nuggets, potato gems and chocolate.

"Ok ready to feast?" Junior says placing all the food down on the coffee table. He and Chad grab the xbox remotes and start to play as Ellie and I dig into the food. "So Elle did I hear you say your boxes are being picked up?" Junior asks as he pops a chicken nugget in his mouth.

"Yeah next week. I'm moving into a dorm in New College Village."

"No way!" Chad says almost spitting out his food. "That is where my dorm is."

"Your dorm for what?" Ellie asks cautiously.

"My dorm to live in. I'm going to the University of New South Wales. I took up their scholarship for footy."

"So we are...?"

"Going to be seeing a lot of each." Chad says with a smile. "Look Elle I wanted to talk about ... well everything, could we maybe talk outside?"

Ellie looks between the three of us. Junior and I trying our best not to be awkward.

"No. It is fine Chad. We have nothing to talk about."

"Really I thought-"

"We are fine." Ellie says with a small smile and Chad and Junior go back to their game.

...

Before we know it Christmas arrives and it is a time full of food and family. Christmas in Australia is hot! Junior and I spend the couple of days after Christmas making sure we are all packed. Junior ends up buying a beat up Nissan Pulsar which will get us from a to b and luckily I got my drivers licence too... only by one point... Ellie and I have been seeing as much of each other is humanly possible over the last few weeks. After all, after New Years we won't be seeing much of each other. I think it is so sweet that Chad is following her for University but Elle insists that she is over him. Both Ellie and I scored jobs at cafes near our respective Universities that will tide us over. Junior got a job with my dad's friend as a mechanic which he is soaked about. Everything is coming together.

"Ready for the last party all together?" Junior asks when I greet him at the front door. Tonight we are going to Kate and Matt's New Years Party. Ellie comes up behind me. She wraps her arms around me in a hug.

"Oh she is ready." Ellie steps passed Junior and I and out onto the front lawn. "Come on Jay."

So ends a chapter in my life. I walk down the street with my boyfriend and my best friend... who'd have thought.

...

Vote. Comment. Share.

Thanks for reading!

While this is the last chapter there will be an epilogue. I'm also thinking of a spin off centred around Ellie. It will be two years into University. Chad of course will be featured too.

I really hope you have enjoyed Invisible Popularity. I started it many years ago and Wattpad gave me a reason to finish it. If you haven't already make sure you are following JessicaMorel0 and check out my other works.

Love to all my readers.

J x