A New Beginning [Ch1, P2]

Part Two: Rosewood Seniors: Footy, Condoms and Competition

Chapter One: A NEW BEGINNING.

"I sat there not thinking, not moving just sitting. I couldn't get it out of my head. I'd shut my eyes and there it was. I can even remember what it felt like... BANG! I felt my heart break and tear, so quickly it all happened. I remember crying afterwards. I think it will remain with me forever."

Who is this girl? Why is she talking to me? I try to get Ellie's attention; we have to get out of here!

"Oh Megan that's terrible" I hear Ellie say and I felt my bloody heart break and tear.

"It was terrible," Megan continues "It destroyed me."

Ellie puts a hand on Megan's shoulder and I begin to think we are going to be here forever. Megan was about to start talking AGAIN as Junior and Chad appear in the doorway.

"Elle we gotta go hon." Chad says not moving past the doorway his gaze falling on Megan.

"I'm really sorry Megan we're going to have to go." I say grabbing my bag and walking (not to quickly) to where Junior is standing.

Ellie helps Megan stand up and get her things before joining us at the door.

"Thanks Jay. Thanks Ellie" Megan says walking through the path in the doorway which Junior and Chad make for her.

After Megan has gone Ellie locks the door. Junior grabs my hand and the four of us begin to walk home.

"How was the Peer Support Office?" Chad asks kissing Ellie's forehead.

Ellie pipes in first, "It was good"

"Good?" I say, "Megan went on and on"

"Jay! If you don't want to listen why did you pick Peer Support?"

"Because I thought it would be kids getting bullied, I have experienced that," I say punching Chad in the arm. "But instead we are stuck listening to tenth graders with boyfriend troubles"

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," Junior offers "we had to do weights today"

"Oh it must be hard to be co-captain of the football team," I tease.

"Yeah you guys don't even have to do a senior responsibility" Ellie agrees.

"What would you call that Elle?" I ask winking at Ellie.

"Well Jay, I'd call it just plain lazy"

Ellie and I begin to run towards my house.

"Oh, no you didn't" Chad yells as he and Junior run after us.

Ellie and I run and run as Chad and Junior catch up to us. One of the perils of dating a football player I suppose.

We are seniors now, grade twelves. The four of us have been friends for almost a year.

Ellie and I make it on to the grass before Chad and Junior tackle us. Ellie and I scream and giggle showing our extreme immaturity.

Chad picks Ellie up off the ground and walks to my front door.

"Hey Jay, key?" he says holding over his shoulder Ellie with one arm and the other is outstretched ready to catch the keys.