Dramatic Ellie [Ch8, P2]

Chapter Eight: Dramatic Ellie

"Here comes the sun, na, na, na, na. Here comes the sun and I sa-"

"Gotcha" I say finally turning the alarm on my phone off and sitting up.

"Here comes the sun, na, na, na, na" Junior sings as he pulls me back onto the bed.

"Junior" I squeal, "we have to get up" Junior's grip doesn't loosen and I continue to struggle.

"You really think you can beat me, gorgeous? I think you're forgetting I'm a football player. You know, pro tackler"

"I guess I'll just have to give up then," I say kissing him and letting my body go limp. Junior relaxes his grip. I kiss Junior one more time then jump off the bed, "Ha!"

"No fair"

"Aw sweetie I think you are forgetting that I'm ... smart"

I get dressed and walk to the door.

"By the time I come back I at least want you up"

"Or what?" Junior asked grinning.

I throw a shirt at him and go to do my hair. I find Mark in the bathroom brushing his teeth.

"You're up early Jay"

"Ha, ha very funny"

Jackson walks in to the bathroom as well.

"Hey Jay, Junior up yet?"

"Probably not. Feel free to get him up though he doesn't listen to me"

The two boys take my comment as an order barging into my bedroom and throwing at him anything that wasn't nailed down.

"Jay!" I hear Junior yell from the bedroom.

"Problem sweetie?" I ask from the doorway.

"Call them off," he says but I remain silent in the doorway, "Please!"

"Thanks boys, we'll meet you downstairs" Mark and Jackson salute me as they leave my room.

"You're so mean Jay" Junior says as he pull on his school shirt.

"Aw sweetie. I didn't know that the football team's co-captain was a cry baby" I remark playing with his hair, "I'll meet you downstairs"

When I get downstairs I find Mark and Jackson making toast and discussing the weirdness of Australian power sockets.

The four of us eat our toast on the way to school and head straight to our home class. I catch up with Ellie and the two of us find our seats at the back of the class with the boys.

"Hey guys I don't know whether you'd want to come but I have a drama extension performance tonight and you don't have to but..."

"We'd love to come Ellie" Junior says, "right guys?"

"Yeah Elle for sure we'll be there" I agree.

"Awesome. Look I got to go I've got rehearsals all day. Jay could you ask Chad to come?"

"Of course sweetie"

Ellie heads off from the classroom but Chad isn't seen until first period chemistry.

"Finally my chemistry partner reappears" I comment as Chad walks up to my desk.

"Sorry I'm late Jay"

"Well care to explain why?"

"Just thinking," I remain silent so he continues, "I think I'm losing Elle all over again"