Confrontation [Ch5, P2]

Chapter Five: CONFRONTATION

Katie and I head upstairs and as we walk passed Junior's room I dump our bags on Junior's floor.

"So this is his room" Katie begins inviting herself in.

"Yeah"

"You're lucky you know, he is super cute"

"What about Chad though?" I say seizing the opportunity, "He is such a ... oh what's the word, Bad Boy"

"What did you say?"

"Ellie and I overheard your little conversation"

"We were just joking," she says quickly.

"You know what Katie, if you hang with us and our boyfriends your time at Rosewood High will be unforgettable. Trust me, this time last year I was anything but popular. But let me tell you, if you mess with Ellie and I Rosewood High will unforgettable for a different reason"

"Are you threatening me?"

"Nope...I'm just keeping an eye on the competition" I say "I think we could be really good friends don't you?"

Katie remains silent.

"The boys have faith in your football skills Katie, they like you. Don't abuse it. The toilet is just down the hall."

"Thanks"

"Anytime" I put my hand in my bag grab my phone and press the stop record button. I send the audio file to Ellie's phone with a caption reading 'Just call me Bond. J x'

I walk back downstairs to find Junior, Matt and Tom playing the playstation.

"Oh Jay I ordered pizza Matt and Katie are going to stay for dinner"

"Awesome" I say turning to see Katie coming down the stairs.

"Did you check with mum, Matt?"

"Yeah she said it was fine"

"Great" Katie says smiling at me.

Bond. Jay Bond.

Tom does his homework after eating his pizza and Katie, Matt, Junior and I stay in the lounge room.

"So Katie when did you start playing football?" I ask.

"Oh I was really little. Dad wanted Matt to play but I was the one who really took to it. I did try ballet but Matt has always been a better dancer than me."

"We certainly saw his fantastic dancing in his tryout today" Junior says smiling.

"Gee thanks man," Matt says blushing slightly as he looks from Junior to me.

"So Junior word around school is that you only moved into town last year is that right?"

"Yeah I moved here from Fitzroy, Victoria"

"Victoria, that's cool"

The two stay for about half an hour before their mum picks them up. Junior and I say goodbye and walk back into the lounge room.

"So I guess they aren't so bad, hey?" Junior says.

"Yeah they're alright...oh wait a sec," I say as I run upstairs to grab my phone. I play Junior the audio file.

"You're a nut, you know that?" Junior says after he's heard it.

"What do you mean?"

"You don't have to be jealous of Katie"

"Oi who says I'm jealous..." I stop as Junior puts his hand over my mouth.

"Shhh my turn to talk," he grabs my hand, "what I was saying was, you are my girl and I'm never going to let you go" I cuddle into Junior's chest and the two of us sit in silence for a while before Junior speaks again. "Anyway I think it is Matt we should watch. I think he's got a thing for Ellie, even Chad doesn't talk that much about her."

An hour later Tom goes to bed and Junior and I are still in the lounge room. I'm working on my chemistry assignment and Junior strumming the guitar he borrowed from school and scribbling notes on a piece of paper.

"I'm sorry Jay this constant noise is probably annoying, I can stop if you want"

"Nah it is fine, I'm done anyway, I think I might just get ready for bed. You going to come?"

"I'll just be a few minutes I just want to finish off this chord progression."

"Ok then" I say packing up my books kissing Junior on the forehead and walking upstairs.

Once upstairs I change into my pjs, brush my teeth and hop into bed. I only wait five minutes before Junior is in bed beside me. He lays beside me and bear hugs me as he kisses my neck. We lay together for a moment before Junior leans over and kisses my lips.

"Goodnight beautiful."

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!