The Royal Rogue's Back Story

Thunder boomed and lightning struck. The wind swirled mercilessly. The rain pelted all in its way and chilled to the bone. The foreboding sky was like a thick blanket over the land. All animals hid away from the darkness, safely tucked in.

It was almost like nature knew what was to happen. Almost like it was foreshadowing the evil that was to be unleashed.

In a small hut just off of pack territory, a woman was giving birth to her child. She only had her mate to aid her in this life altering act. She was sweating and bleeding profusely. Her mate knew that this wasn't right. His heart clenched at what could happen.

"Jamie." The woman gasps out. The man breathes out after hearing his nickname that his beloved had given him. "May." He whispers back tenderly. "You take care of our baby." She says through her pain. May knew she wasn't going to make it. She may not have been the brightest of them all but she wasn't ignorant enough to know that this wasn't normal.

Her extensive pain and bleeding was not by any means good.

May gave one final push for her child as thunder struck again. She screamed almost as much as the wind did. Jameson, her mate, carefully took his bundle of joy in his arms, grabbing a blanket to wrap around his pup. The baby was a beautiful little girl who had her mothers gorgeous blue eyes. Jameson stared down at his child in wonder and awe. He had never felt such a feeling as holding his own pup.

Oh but life was cruel.

He came out of his reverie as soon as he heard his mates chocked sobs. "Let me see our baby, Jamie." She whispers, her voice weak. He rushes to her side, gently placing the pup in her mothers arms. He held his mate while she held their pride and joy. "She's beautiful." May whispers. Jameson's smile was weak but there. "As beautiful as her mother."

May chuckles at her mate but sharply inhales when the pain flares up. She involuntarily clutched her baby tighter, but not tight enough to hurt. May was growing weaker and weaker by the second. She knew it was her time to say goodbye. She might not have a chance to.

"You take care of our baby, Jamie. You take care of our little Evangeline." She says with all the strength she had left. The little pups name was chosen then.

Evangeline.

Jameson's world was falling apart, literally. His mate was his world.

"You can't leave me, May." He all but shouts. She ignores that comment even though it struck her dying heart. "I love you Jamie." She whispers before her life drains away from her. She died with her newborn baby still in her arms. Evangeline, almost sensing the unfortunate event, wails. It was drowned out by her fathers heart wrenching howl.

His world was gone, but his little ray of sunshine was still here. That was the only thing keeping him from leaving the cruel thing we call life behind.

Jameson's torture was not over yet though. Oh no, this was just half of it.

His howl had attracted those who fought for his undoing. Those who evil penetrated anything in its way. There was three of them. The Alpha, Beta and the Third in Command. They ran through the forest, following the ground shattering sound. They panted heavily from their fast pace. Their fur was drenched from the ice cold water that the clouds cried. Animals instinctively cowered away from them.

Their evil was like a foul smell that anyone could detect. 

The three finally reached the small hut. Jameson didn't notice though. He was too busy in his dark reverie. They changed back to their human form so they could manoeuvre around better. The Alpha slammed the door open, malice clear in his eyes. His eyes raked around the small hut until they spotted the fallen wolf, the wolfs mate and the wolfs child.