Chapter 5

It's been a couple weeks since we found Skylar or Sky as she prefers to be called. Her wounds have all healed and she isn't as skinny as she used to be. She stays in the Pack House and we have managed to get bits and pieces of her past. Sky was abused in her old pack and it made my wolf and I so mad. We were on the verge of shifting when she told us. Luckily I didn't though. She had had enough and ran away. We had asked for the Packs name, but she refused to tell us.

Currently, Cameron and I were coming back from the forest from our run. I walk besides my mate, feeling content. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer, kissing the top of my head. We make our way inside and to our room, greeting the occasional pack member who would walk by. I check the time on my phone because Cameron didn't have a clock in his bedroom. What caught my eyes wasn't the time though, it was the date.

March 10th.

Why did this date feel important? My mind searches through every memory until I find the answer. It's Megan's birthday in five days. My head snaps to my mate who just exited the bathroom and I gasp. "Cameron." I say a bit more dramatically than necessary. Through the mate bond, I feel his worry and in an instant, he's besides me. "What's wrong, princess?" He asks, his hand cupping my cheek. "It's Megan's birthday in five days. We have to do something." I say, turning to face him properly. I could feel his relief and he relaxes. He takes his hand away from my face and lays down on the bed, putting his hands under his head. "Well, what do you want to do?" He asks, closing his eyes. I stare down at him and hum in thought. "I don't know. We should talk to the others." I say and don't wait for his response.

I mind link my family, minus Megan, and tell them to meet me in the dining room where we usually eat. I don't wait for their response either, cutting off the mind link, and I hop off the bed. I lean over and grab Cameron's hand, pulling him up. "Come on." I say. "What did you do?" He asks suspiciously. "I mind linked our family and told them to meet us in the dining room." I say and he raises an eyebrow, asking why. "We should talk about what we are going to do for her." I explain. He nods in understanding and we make our way to the dining room. Sofia and Gabriel, Cameron's parents, were already there and they sat in their usual spots on the table.

Sofia gets up and gives me a warm hug which I return with a smile. "How are you, dear?" She asks, leaning back and holding me at arms length. "Good good. And you?" I ask, my smile still in place. Sofia was always a second mother to me. She nods and says, "I am great." She then let's go and returns to her mate, sitting besides him in the nearby chair. Gabriel gives me a nod and smile and I return the gesture. Cameron and I also take a seat and Gabriel clears his throat. "So, what's all this about?" He asks, raising his eyebrows and in the process, looking much like his son. The three turn their attention to me. "We should wait for the others." I simply say and they nod. One by one, they all arrive. "Where's Megan?" I ask no one in particular. "She's with Lydia. They went shopping." Mum answers for me. Lydia is Megan's best friend. I nod and smile.

Good. This way she won't be able to overhear this conversation.

"This is about Megan's birthday, isn't it?" Logan asks. My eyebrows slightly rise in surprise. "How did you know?" I ask. "I know Megan's birthday is coming up and there isn't much more reasons to why you've called this little meeting." He explains. I hum and nod. "Makes sense." I say. "So what are we going to do?" Anastasia asks, rubbing her belly. It had started to grow and it was noticeable that she was pregnant. "Throw her a party?" Sierra suggests and I ponder over this while everyone still throws their ideas around. I wanted Megan's 17th to be special and memorable. It's not every day one turns 17.

We could have a surprise party. But where could it be? The hall is an idea, but it isn't special or personal to Megan. What does Megan like? I think this one question over before the perfect answer pops up.