Chapter 11

Arianna' POV

I wake up feeling empty and cold. The emptiness, I could understand. I've lost my connection with my mate and wolf. The familiar burning effect was back for a second round. They had given me the dose of liquid silver and wolfsbane again. I was pretty sure I knew who they were. I couldn't worry about the loss of the mate bond because voices bombarded my ears. I slowly open my eyes, but quickly shut them because of the bright light and the wave of dizziness. I take a deep breath before opening them again. This time, I was able to keep my eyes open. I was on a hospital bed with my arms and legs tied to the bed post. I tug on them, but they barely move.

I sigh. I felt weak and I hated it.

"Ah, you're awake."

I slowly lift up my head, knowing I would get dizzy if I move too fast. I find a man with salt and pepper hair, wearing white hospital scrubs. He had a badge that said, 'PACK DOCTOR' in black bold writing. He looked to be in his late forties, meaning he was quite the old wolf. He gave me a smile which only made my skin crawl. "I am Dr Wren." He introduces himself, walking closer to me. "Where am I?" I ask, my voice scratchy. Dr Wren's eyes glaze over, telling me he was mind linking. I couldn't even bring myself to worry about who he was mind linking. After a few seconds, his attention turns back to me. "It would be best if you do not talk so much." He says and then comes closer to the bed, fiddling with something. Soon, the bed rises until I'm sitting up.

I open my mouth and he holds up a hand, telling me not to speak. I do anyway. "Where am I?" I ask again. He simply smiles and ignores me. I growl, but it didn't sound like my usual growl. It sounded like a human growl. I knew that my wolf wasn't with me the moment I woke. Didn't mean I wasn't disappointed though. It also scared me because I no longer had my alpha power. It was my main defence and it was gone. I of course knew how to fight. It came naturally to me and Cameron would teach and train me.

I take this time to look at my surroundings. The room was a small one, holding a hospital bed, one bedside table and hospital equipment. The lights were long cylinders and were drilled to the ceiling. Each and every wall was made out of cement, even the floor and ceiling. The door looked out of place, being made by wood. Overall, it was not a very nice room.

I watch as a young girl, looking barely the age of eight, walks in. She either had dark brown hair or black hair, I couldn't tell. She walks over to us slowly, taking small and hesitant steps. When she looks up, I see light blue eyes that held fear in them. It broke my heart seeing it. I also couldn't help but think that I had seen those eyes before. She had a metal cup filled with an unknown substance. I couldn't see what was inside. She glanced at me, before quickly looking away. She stops about a feet away from the bed and hands Dr Wren the cup. He takes it without a second glance, waving a hand dismissively at her. She scurries away, looking relieved to be going.

Dr Wren gives me another one of his skin crawling smiles and walks closer to me. I refrain from sinking deeper into the bed. He just rubbed me the wrong way. Who am I kidding? He is involved in my kidnapping! Obviously that's going to rub me the wrong way. He holds the cup out to me and I see that it's a clear liquid. "It's water." Dr Wren says after he sees my skeptical look. I shake my head. You aren't supposed to trust your kidnappers. It could be poisoned. He sighs deeply, looking a little irritated. "This is probably the only time you'll freely be given water. Do you want it or not?" He says, giving me an impatient look.

Freely be given water? Well damn.

I still looked at him skeptically. "Is it poisoned?" I ask, my voice a little strained. My throat was starting to hurt with the pressure, almost like it was burning. I look for any signs of lying while he answers. "No, there is nothing in this water." He says. His eyes had held mine. Nothing twitched. His voice was firm. His body language was still the same. I didn't find any signs of lying. Besides, my throat was burning up and if what he said was true, that I won't be getting any more water freely, I needed to drink the water while it was being offered.