Chapter 5

David: You gotta get over here they're both asleep. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Hurrying up the stairs, I opened the door to their apartment slowly, peeking my head in.

It was my first day at work, and on the way I had dropped Sadie off to spend the day with Alex. I had texted Alex as soon as I got off work telling him that I was on my way but he never answered; soon after I received that text from David telling me that Alex and Sadie had both fallen asleep, and when I called David he explained that they had been watching a movie in Alex's bed and both drifted off.

Following the sounds of whispering, I peeked my head into Alex's room to see David, Liza, and Corinna all watching Alex and Sadie while David filmed.

"No, we can't wake them up, this is adorable." David whispered while he filmed. "Dad Alex is the best Alex,"

"I'm back," I whispered, and they all turned around, David moving his camera so I was in frame.

"And Mommy Kelsey has returned," David whispered then. "did you bring us any baked goods?"

I nodded, "There's muffins on the counter," I said, and Liza ran out of the room then, Corinna soon following.

"Going to get your muffin buttered, Corinna?" David joked, Corinna uttering a "shut up" from the other room, and David shut off the camera soon after. "So how was work?" he asked then.

"It was great," I said, "I was mostly just baking today, so I didn't do much out front. But I did bake extra blueberry muffins, which are the ones sitting on your counter. They're still pretty warm."

At that, David ran out of the room then too, leaving me giggling in his wake.

I finally followed David into the kitchen, where Liza and Corinna were still eating their muffins.

"Kels, I've missed your baking skills so much," Liza said around her mouthful of muffin. "this is the real reason why I wanted you to come move in with me."

"Understandable," I said, and David pulled his camera back out. 

"I need to end the vlog, do you wanna be my outro guest for this one?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Sure," I said.

He held his camera out then so we were in frame, and then set it up to record.

"Alright that's it for today's vlog, thanks for watching Erica. Make sure you like and subscribe, tweet me at David Dobrik. Guys, Kelsey now works at a bakery where she can perfect her baking skills. Do you know what that means? It means she's only been a mom for a few months and she's already preparing to become a grandma!" he said, laughing and shutting the camera off.

"Awww, Grandma Kels is going to be so cute," Liza said laughing.

"So now that we're done filming, and Alex and Sadie are still passed out, what do you guys wanna do?" David asked.

"I've gotta get going soon, actually," Corinna said, hopping off the counter.

"Where to?" I asked. 

"I've got a date tonight," she said nervously, staring at the ground.

"You mean a booty call," David said, and she shook her head. 

"Nope, like, an actual date," she said. "Crazy, right?"

"Corinna, are you feeling okay?" Liza asked, and she nodded.

"I feel completely fine," she said, "that's what's crazy,"

"Is it someone we know?" David asked, and she nodded slowly. "Who?"

"Uhm, well, it's..." she trailed off. "Kian. Lawley."

"No way," Liza said.

"It just kinda happened," she said. "after we filmed the video with JC and Tana, we kinda just kept hanging out just the two of us, and then he asked if he could take me on an actual date."

"Have you slept with him yet?" Liza asked.

"No," she said, "that's the craziest part of this whole thing,"

After that we wished Corinna luck on her date and she left. When she was gone, we finally decided to order pizza and watch movies for the night. Which was fun, up until the point where I fell asleep on the couch at some point during the second movie.

Opening my eyes a few hours later, I noticed that:

a. it was dark.

b. I was alone.

Sitting up and seeing the time on the microwave in the kitchen, I saw that it was shortly after two in the morning, and Liza and David had probably left to go sleep in his room instead of us driving back to our place.

Laying back down and pulling a blanket over myself, I was about to try and fall back asleep when I heard someone wander into the room. Sitting up tiredly, I looked to see Alex's eyes land on mine, and then saw him flip on the light switch, instantly brightening the living room.

"Hi," I said, covering my eyes.

"Whatcha doin' out here?" he asked.

"Sleeping," I said, finally looking up and letting my eyes adjust to the light. "We were watching This Means War, but my day at work got the best of me and I fell asleep."

"How was your day?" he asked.

"It was good," I said yawning. "there's leftover blueberry muffins on the counter still, we can have them for breakfast. I'm probably just gonna go back to sleep, it's late," I said, going to lay back down, but Alex came over to the couch then, picking me up bridal style.

"What are you doing?" I asked then.

"Well you're not spending the entire night sleeping on an uncomfortable couch," he said, rolling his eyes and carrying me back into his room where Sadie was sleeping in her crib. "c'mon, we're snuggling. It's cold."