Abbacchio x Reader: "Kiss Me. Please."

Technically, you were a part of the gang. You had passed the test, acquired a stand of your own; but Bruno rarely sent you on missions. Your stand was powerful and incredibly useful under the right circumstances. But the gang seemed to care for you in such a way... the would never endanger your life more than necessary. You wanted to head out into the fray, you wanted to help. And in a way, you did help.

You were there when they came home at the end of the day. When they had been injured, physically or emotionally, you would heal their wounds. You tried to maintain a cheery disposition, though it was hard at times; it was hard not to feel a bit trapped. But you smiled each time you saw their faces. Silly Mista and his Sex Pistols bickering, mischievous Narancia and Fugo, always chasing each other around, Bruno and his newest protégé Giorno Giovanna. And then there was Abbacchio.

He had always been quite a mystery to you: the tall dark man with the eternal scowl... But sometimes, just sometimes, another emotion would cross his face. It was always sudden. Sometimes he would return from a mission injured, demanding you treat him first. Sometimes he would completely refuse your treatment assuring you that the gaping hole in his arm was just a scratch. He rarely smiled, except at the pain on others. But, once, you did see genuine happiness on his face. It was just a small joke you had made, an extremely stupid pun. The corners of his lips had turned up, just slightly, and a small sigh escaped his lips. It was a laugh if ever you had heard a sincere laugh coming from him. That was probably when you realised just how much you cared for him, how much you wanted him to be happy, how much you wanted to make him happy.

But even if you tried to give him extra attention, to treat him well, he'd frown and ignore you. You'd often try to strike up a conversation when you found him alone, and sometimes, it worked. This was one such occasion.

He was sitting out at the table on the balcony ledge, staring into the night sky, a glass of wine in his hand. He had just returned from a dangerous mission, not severely injured, but hurt enough so that Bruno would not allow him back out in the field. Therefore, he was the only one back at headquarters.

You were a bit hesitant to approach him at first, as it was quite possible he was in a bad mood and wanted to be left alone. But you gathered your courage and strode out onto the balcony, occupying seat beside him. It's possible he didn't even notice you as he drained his glass. Then, you paused, realising what lay on the table. Four wine bottles, one thankfully unopened, but you gasped at him as he reached to pour the very last drops of the third into his cup. Your intervention was abrupt as you pulled the fourth bottle out of his reach.

"Abbacchio, stop! What are you doing?" You demanded him incredulously. He was known to drink a bottle of wine at a time, but this was too much. He was weak in his wounded state, and you didn't want him hurting himself even more. But he sighed, and rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, (y/n), I'm not a child. Give it back. He whined, his arm lazily reaching for the bottle. But you held it far away from his fumbling hand. His eyes drooped, and he let out what almost sounded like a cackle. Your blood froze. Abbacchio had always insisted he could hold his liquor, but right now, his actions seemed... "Why do you hate me, (y/n)?" his speech was slurred as he pouted

"Abbacchio," you stuttered, "I don't–"

"Why do you all hate me? Why are you all so much better than me? My stand is useless in a fight... That's why Bruno replaced me with that little brat, isn't it?" Abbacchio stood up from his chair, stumbling only slightly. That was when you saw your chance. Still holding the unopened bottle out of his reach, you wrapped his arm around your shoulder, ushering him inside. He continued his drunken lament. "All I wanted was to be a faithful soldier, to use my powers for good... But it's useless," he paused, noticing your face next to his. Your cheeks flushed as the close contact, and you left him standing there in order to close and lock up the balcony door. But you heard his garbled speech continue behind you.