Chapter 16: Amor

"What the fuck are you fuckin saying Brandon? Do you have any idea what you're freakin saying!? Cody's my best friend, not to mention he's more than just a friend for me." You spoke in a jittery voice. Brandon could see the look of denial in your eyes, he swallowed a lump of guilt that was building up in his throat. This would be hard to do, but he needed to convince you if he was going to take this anywhere.

"If you don't believe, then believe the DNA testing. It wasn't a coincidence you and me became friends. I've been meaning to tell you this for some time, but wasn't sure how to put it down. It's not the most digestible news out there," he explained, wilts rubbing his temple in frustration and confusion. He didn't know how to put this in the most easiest way to take in, but judging by how you were reacting; he could tell you weren't taking this news in well at all.

You felt your eyebrows furry, as anger towards Brandon was consuming your body. How dare he say such foul things about Cody, to think he'd have the audacity to ask for your help, and claim that Cody is eyeless Jack? You've got to be kidding me, who the fuck does this man think he is. "I don't know one in the world has gotten into you, but I know Cody and he would never do such a thing."

Something flickered in Brandon's yellow eyes, he sneered at you and frowned, "That's exactly what I said when they told me Jack was the murderer, and what'd I get to hear from you? '"Listen Brandon, I understand why you would want to defend him'. Well what if I said I had concrete evidence that Cody did it? And an eye witness besides me?" He countered, his tone venomous and deadly serious. But he needed to have such a stern voice, because you looked as if you were ready to tear his head off and decapitate him.

You gritted your teeth and glared at him, "Who's this second witness you speak of?" you hissed at him. You've always been extremely protective of Haley and Cody, you were not about to let some cute fuck boy ruin that, but you also didn't want to be completely blind. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding? But accusing Cody of murdering hundreds of people? Now this was getting a big out of hand, but you still had to take this on professionally.

You watched him give you a grim expression, "Haley, she saw him kill."

__

Your hands were shaking and you could see your knuckles growing pale from clutching onto your phone tightly. You could hear the ringing of the phone, it wasn't as if you were nervous to call someone in fear that you'd be proven wrong. It was more of nervousness because you haven't talked to Hailey in almost five years. You weren't sure as to how she felt about you, does she even remember you?

"Hello?"

You felt cold ice seep through your veins, your heart was palpitating at such a high rate; cold sweat began forming around the top of your forehead. You didn't even understand as to why you were so nervous, was it because you left Haley and Cody without so much as a goodbye or second glance?

"Hello, it's me. (y/n)."

There was an awkward silence on the other end of the line, you felt shallow breaths and then a click. The phone cut. You immediately panicked and dialed her again, each time she didn't answer and you knew she was declining the messaging. Brandon noticed and pulled out his own phone and called, you heard the line getting picked up and Brandon talking to her. "She deserves to know, I don't care what happened between you two. The truth needs to be out," he voiced in a melancholy sound. He then looked over to you and handed the black cased phone to you.

"Listen I'm so sorry about everything that happened! I didn't mean to leave-"

"You're not sorry at all, listen I know you called for information and I'll give it to you. Infact knowing you you'll probably want to meet in person so you actually believe Brandon when he says it's actually me." she said in an irritated tone. You could tell what you had done to her really hurt, it was as if she's desensitized to you.