Chapter Seven

Sorry! I've been so busy I just haven't found the time to write nearly as much as I would like. I set aside

my nights to write, and sometimes I get caught up on studies or my eyelids close involuntarily!

Also, I still haven't fixed my writing program, and Spell check isn't working on Open office, so there will be typos!

My laptop died the other day. I thought everything was gone. But alas, we plugged my harddrive in to my desktop!

Finally, I am sorry that the raunchy bit sort of has an abrupt end, I get really uncomfortable trying to decide how to word stuff, and if we'd all waited for me to be 100% happy with it you'd be waiting another week!

Anyway without futher ado, on with Chapter Seven!

We drove home in silence. Nick tried to make conversation, but his attempts were in vain. The reality of the last two days was beginning to dawn on me. If I hadn't been adopted, then maybe I wouldn't have lived through the abuse I had. This was one “what if” I wasn't going to be able to brush away.

The reality was, If things had been different, I wouldn't have met Nick. I wouldn't be a singer, and I would probably be in college studying. I would have been a humble life, but I wouldn't be as damaged.

My life could have been different, normal even.

But it wasn't, and as hard as it was, I needed to deal with that.

Once we were home I set myself up on the couch with a blanket and some trashy movies. It was nearing 8.30pm when Nick walked over and pressed his lips to my forehead

“I'm going to go out and get some chinese for dinner. Do you want to come for a ride?” He murmured softly

“I need to just lax for a while” I replied

Nick nodded and kissed my forehead again. He walked to the front door and grabbed his keys.

“I'll get you a couple of those mantou things you like” Nick exclaimed before leaving.

I frowned as the door closed behind him. I wasn't exactly great company tonight. The poor guy had probably needed to find a reason to escape me. I switched the movie off and resolved to 'cheer up'. Of course it was easier said than done. Millions of thoughts were still flying through my head. The fact I was adopted and the fact I was pregnant seemed to be overtaking all my thought processes.

Going on tour this distracted wasn't a particularly good idea. I could see some kind of nervous breakdown happening on stage if I didn't sort myself out.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen. I stared at a photo of Nick and I that was attached to the fridge by a coke bottle magnet. We'd been walking along the beach enjoying a sunset when I was stopped for the very first time by a fan. I took a photo with her, and then Nick had asked her to take a photo of the two of us on his camera. It was such a happy photo. All the drama of last year was over, my career was beginning to take off and Nick and I were blissfully in love.

I ached for the brief interlude of simplicity we'd once had. It had been so fleeting, and it was over. Drama was once again present.

I opened the fridge and took out an orange juice. I closed the fridge, but before I could walk back into the living room the phone began to ring.

I stared at it for a while, then walked over to the caller id. I should have stopped when I didn't recognise the number. I should have known, luck was not on my side. Yet I answered it.