Behind the Mask ~ (young Peter Hale FF)

i walk back to Jacobine and Peter. Derek try's to say something but the coach yells at us "get your asses out of there! we are playing soccer today ya'all. Hale, Johnson you chose teams." i go stand next to Derek and as the coach always says 'lady's first'. "jacobine" i say and smile at her. she gives me a wink.

after 3 minutes our teams are complete. my team is full of girls while Derek's is full of boys. "Hale, you go in... other Hale's team then it's even." why is Peter playing? i just wanted to kick Derek's ass, he is going to kick mine...

Jacobine and i are in the attack. but Peter is standing on the opposite of me and Derek on the opposite of Jacobine. i get the ball from coach and sign to Jacobine that she need to run forward. she obey's and i pass the ball to her. i run after her and she passes the ball to me and i kick it in the goal. i want to walk back to my position but Peter is standing in my way. "if your going to use your super natural speed i'll do it too. good luck with your next goal" he says with a creepy smile. "i'll just say coach that you're cheating."i say. "nobody will ban me from this field, i'm too good looking" i roll with my eyes and walk past him. 

now it's their turn. Derek 's got the ball and i see that Jacobine isn't going to take it from him so i run after him. i try to reach the ball with my foot but i trip over his leg. we fall and i see that his leg is broken. Jacobine sees it comes running towards us. "take him to the changing room" i say and she helps him up. he puts his arm around her shoulder and they stumble of the field. "class dismissed" the coach says.
i walk back to the changing room but Jacobine and Derek are nowhere to be seen. i change back into my normal clothes and remember school is over.

"you really wanted to win huh?" i hear Peter say. "i didn't do it on purpose" i snap at him. i want to walk away but Peter stops me. "why are you already going?" he asks. "school is over. and so you can look at my ass 'cause you enjoy that don't you?" i say walking away from him before he can answer. 

***home***

Derek's sleeping on the couch and i guess Jacobine went home. "Derek, wake up sleepy head!"i yell in his ear. he jumps up and looks at me wide eyed. "i didn't mean to scare you" i say sarcastic. "did you talked to jacobine?" i ask him. "yeah, we're good." he says smiling. i smile back and walk to my room. 

Lila is making her homework so i decide to do the same. then i remember i still don't know why Jade didn't show up at school. i think i'll text her.

Taylor: why weren't you at school today?

 after finishing my science homework my phone starts buzzing. a text from Jade.

Jade:my mom said i wasn't myself so i stayed home today, sorry. i should've said something. 

Taylor: i understand! i hope to see you tomorrow ;) x

Jade:  see you tomorrow x

so, that mystery is solved. "who we're you texting?" Lila asks me. "Jade" i say simple. "that freak?" she says. "she isn't a freak, why is eveyone saying that?!" i ask/say. "because, she always says she hears voices and screams randomly in class." she says. "there must be a solution for that" i say. she rolls with her eyes. 

then my phone starts buzzing again. not one time but muliple times. i look at it and see that my dad is calling me. "dad?" i ask. "Taylor! i called because, i wanted to tell you something" he says."go ahead" i say. "your mother and i just bought a house here and Lila and you stay for so long at Talia." "fiirst of all, she's not my mother and second of all, fuck. you." i say and i hang up. "then i have more time to make a move on Peter" she says happy. without even looking at her i run out of the room. i quickly walk downstairs and walk out of the house. 

Lila’s POV

What was her problem? I didn’t say something wrong, did I? I understand that she hates her father for leaving her like that but storming out of the house is madness. I mean, where could she even go? Jade is probably scared of her and Cassie is too busy getting good grades. Was it about Peter? No it can’t be. They hate each other. Maybe she is just crazy like I always thought.

Let’s get this homework done.

Jacobine’s POV

I’m happy things are getting better between me and Derek. Then I hear someone knocking on my door. I walk to it and open it up. To my surprise it’s Taylor. How does she know where Iive? “can you maybe do me a favor?” she asks. “sure, what kind?” “my dad just called, he wants me and Lila to stay at the Hale’s because he and that women just bought a house at their vacation destination.” I nod and let her in. “does anyone know you’re here?” I ask her. “nope” she says popping the p. “not even Peter?” I ask. “why would I tell Peter?” “because you guys like each other.” I say in a duh-tone. “no we don’t” she says. I roll with my eyes. “so, you wanna spend the night here?” I ask her. “if it doesn’t bother you…” “of course not” I say smiling at her. “you can sleep in my bed, I’ll sleep on the couch.” I say but she doesn’t agree with me. “no! I’ll sleep on the couch.” “fine” I say holding my hands up in defeat.

***next day***

Taylor’s POV

I wake up by the smell of pancakes. I walk into the kitchen and see Jacobine sitting at the table. “good morning!” she says. “morning” I say with my cracked morning voice. “what day is it?” I ask her. “relax, it’s Saturday so no school” she says. “maybe you should go back, they are worried.” She tells me. “why would they be worried about me? I’m not family… just some random kid” I say sighing. “you are family to them, just go. If things don’t work out you can always come back, OK?” I nod and make my way ‘home’.

***home***

Should I just use my key or knock? if I knock they definitely know I’m here. I grab my key out of my pocket and open the door. I sneak to the living room but that didn’t work well. Talia, Peter, Derek and Lila are looking at me. “what?” I ask them like nothing happened. “where have you been? We were so worried!” Talia says hugging me and I hug back. “I spend the night at Jacobine’s.” I say looking at Derek. He smiles at me. I turn to Lila. “was it because of what I said?” she asks. “no, totally not” I lie. Back then it touched me but now I don’t know why. I guess he didn’t even care I was gone.  

On that moment Peter walks out of the room without saying something.