Chapter 1

~Lay~

I was running out into the rain and into the woods nearby. *splash* "Someone! Please hel-" was all I could say as water hovered over my head and I was sinking. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get back to the top. Right then I knew my life was gone. Please someone help me. I don't want to die. Please. I thought before everything started to get dark. *splash* suddenly I felt a arm wrap around my waist and pull me up. When I got out of the water it felt as if it was zero degrees outside. "Are you okay? I'll take you home. What's your address?" The stranger asked with his arm still around me. Wow, he's so cute. "*cough cough* u-um. 356 marygrov-*cough*." Before I knew it I blacked out.

I woke up the next day on my bed with my mom beside it. "Ohh Yixing! Don't ever do that again! I was so worried!" She said before wrapping me in her embrace. "How did I get here?" I asked. "This boy about your age said he heard screams and found you drowning so he carried you on his back and brought you here." She replied. "And he said to give you this." She said handing me the letter and heading out the door. "I'll go get your soup". I opened then read the letter:

Hi, my name is Yifan. When I pulled you out of the water you looked sick. I hope you feel better. If you have anything you wanna talk about just text me at (111)234-5678. I might be busy sometimes but I will text you back as soon as I can. I know this is kinda awkward but your mom told me how you don't have many friends because youve been in the hospital so many times. Not that I'm doing this because of pity though. Well, get well. Here's something to remember by. Your mom told me to put it in your closet. Bye.

after I finished the letter I jumped out of bed and went to my closet. Inside was a little plush unicorn. I giggled before I grabbed it and jumped back on my bed. "Hehehe it's really cute" I said hugging the plush toy. "Yifan. I hope I could meet him again someday." I said squeezing the unicorn tighter.

everyday since then, I've always texted Yifan. We talked about our school and what we do on the weekends. I loved talking to him. I felt as if he listens to my whines and complaints about hard days or problems. Oh how I wish I could meet him again in person one day. I'll just wait until he shows up.