Chapter 3

~lay~

"Suho I don't know what to do." I said to him on the phone. "You know that boy I kept talking about. The one that saved me."I asked. "Yeah. You are always talking about him." He replied. "Well there is a likely chance that that guy is the new guy Kris!" "Seriously?! Aren't you happy you can finally see him again!" Suho said excitedly. "He seems much nicer when I text him but in class, he always looked mad or angry." I replied. "Ohh. I think you should just go and get to know him first and maybe you can make him smile. You always make people smile." "Thanks Suho

. See you tomorrow. Bye." "Bye."

~next day at school~

"Hey lay" Suho said. "Hey Suho. Do you have any money? I forgot mine at home." "Why do you need money?" he asked. "Lunch later" I replied. "I'll buy you lunch, last time I gave ou money you spent it on junk food. You know the doctor said that that isnt good for your health". "I know I know. It's just that I think healthy stuff is gross so I won't eat it." I replied. "Even if you don't like it, you should just eat it anyways." He said before we went to class. Not long after we came in, Kris appeared. I watched as he stood at the doorway talking to another guy. Then the guy left and kris turned to just in time to make eye contact. I turned away slightly blushing. Why am I blushing? Don't be weird lay don't be weird.i thought to myself as I turned back to kris. "Hey. Umm I just wanted to say I'm sorry for yesterday. It's just that I stay up late on Sundays and get cranky on Mondays." "It's okay. Everyone gets cranky some point in their lives. Ohh and I'm guessing this is yours." I said handing him his jacket. "I was planning on keeping it cuz it looks nice but it's too big. I bet it can fit a giant." "Well I'm sorry for being big." "Nah it's okay. It's not bad or anything... Wu Yifan." I said giggling a little. "How do you know my name?" He asked surprise. "Dude, it's written on your jacket." I said laughing "Wu Yifannnnn!" I sang. "Shhhhh. It's kris" he said. "Why kris? Why not Zhang or Lay? I think these names are cool." "Those are your names" he stated. "Exactly!" I said. "You're weird." "Thank you. My mom is really proud." We started giggling and laughing. "Wow" I said. "What?" He said looking at me. "I haven't seen you smile let alone laugh. You actually look handsome when you smile. You should do it more often." I stated. "Kris! Was that your boyfriend that dropped you off here or are you single? If you are than go out with me.. No go out with me!" These girls said inturrupting our conversation. I look at him waiting for an answer. He turns, looks at me, then faces the girls again. "Yes, the guy name Zi Tao from the class next door is my boyfriend." I felt my heart break when he said yes. But of course he would have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I mean he is really handsome. And it's not like we were a couple or anything. "Um excuse me. I-I have to go to the bathroom." I stuttered before getting up and exiting through the door. I just couldn't be in there. I got to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. "Pull yourself together Lay. He is just another guy. Just pretend you never had a ten year crush on him. Ugh I have a major headache." I thought to myself. "Yixing? Are you okay?" I turned around to see suho coming in. "I heard what kris said. Don't take it personally. I bet if he got to know you better than Tao then he would've picked you. Are you sure youre okay?" He asked again. "Yea but im kinda dizzy so I think I'll just go to the nurse." I replied. "I'll take you there. And I'll tell the teacher you didn't feel good." He said grabbing my arm.

~kris~

After I told the girls the lie about being boyfriends with Tao I turned only to see the depressed look on his face. I wanted to just hug him and make him feel happier but he left. Not long after his friend Suho followed. "No wonder Tao always drops you off to class! You guys are so cute together! I was totally gunna ask you out but I guess you're taken." One girl said. "Uh yea sorry". Then suho came back in. I looked to see if lay was behind but he wasn't. I watched as suho talked to the teacher and eased to his seat. "Hey, what happened to lay?" I asked him. "Why do you care? You're not his boyfriend." "I know but I'm his friend so I want an answer." I said back. "If you haven't noticed yet, lay isn't the healthiest person in the world so he always gets head or stomach aches and sometimes becomes sick easily. He told me he isn't feeling well so I took him to the imfirmary. He might be sleeping but you can see him when class is over." He told me. And that's just what I did. Bell rung and Tao came to see me again. "How long do we have to pretend" he whispered as he gave me a hug. "I don't know. This is just so annoying girls won't ask us out." I whispered back. "I'm going to the imfirmary. Yixing is there." "Good luck." He said pulling away. "You too."

~lay~

I woke up from my nap at the imfirmary by the bell. Just as I was about to sleep, someone came in. I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping so I wouldn't have to go back to class. "Yixing? Are you awake?" It was kris. "Of course you aren't. I just wanted to know if you remember me. Do you? What am I doing? I'm talking to a sleeping person. Well. Please remember. Get well." Then suddenly it was quiet and I felt something brush against my forehead. I opened my eyes enough to see what he was doing. A kiss. He looked amazing. You can see how long his eyelashes were as he closed his eyes and the way his lips were parted perfectly. Kris kris kris stop making me go crazy.