One

January 6th, 2014

I sigh reaching over to my phone that was going off from the alarm, squinting my eyes as I switched the alarm off.

Laying there for a few minutes before reluctantly pulling my blankets off of me and standing up, stretching as a small yawn escapes my lips.

Shuffling to the bathroom down the hall from my room and brushing my teeth quickly, using the toilet and then stepping back into the hallway.

Seeming how I took a shower the previous night I didn't need one this morning. As I enter my room I switch on the light, since I had my blinds closed with my dark maroon curtains drapped over that to keep the light from seeping in.

I walk over to my closet sliding the glass door open as it had my reflection in it. I cringe at the sight my hair everywhere.

I lazily look through my jeans, tugging on a pair of gray ripped skinny jeans which I just ended up breaking the hanger it was on. I groan picking up the pieces. I need a bigger closet.

I slide both of the glass doors the other way, seeing my large selection of shirts. Bringing my hand up and grabbing one of my favorite tank tops I owned. A solid black tank top with a big cross in front, that had the face of a white tiger.

I stripe out of the pajamas I was wearing leaving them on my floor not bothering to pick them up and tiredly pulling my outfit on, slipping a white spaghetti strap under my tank top.

I look at my shoes and pick up my black ankle boots, shuffling over to my dresser and grabbing a pair of socks, sitting on the edge of my bed as I pulled the shoes on.

I stand up once there on and grab my straightener and makeup bag off of the dresser making my way back to the bathroom down the hall and straightening my hair before applying a thin layer of eye liner and mascara to my eyes.

Pulling out my mint EOS and applying a thin coat to my chapped lips before walking back to my room putting my stuff away.

Looking around my room, finally spotting my white jansport backpack picking it up and slinging it over my shoulder as I walk over to my bed picking up my white iPhone 5s and detaching it from the charger.

I check myself over in the mirror before grabbing my gray cardigan off of the back of my computer chair escaping my room, heading down to the kitchen.

Seeing my grandma watching the news and my mom surprisingly awake sitting on the couch.

I open the fridge seeing absolutely nothing appetizing to eat and deciding to skip breakfast once again.

"Ready?" My mom asks as I enter the living room just off of the kitchen. I nod my head as she stands up walking out to her car. I walk over to my grandma and pick up her Pepsi taking a sip like I do every time she has one.

"Get out of here," She laughs as I wall past her. "Love you!" I call as I shut the door hearing a faint I love you too response.

I slide into the passenger seat of my moms white 1998 Camry. Buckling my seatbelt and pulling out my iPod I had placed in my backpack the previous night with my white beats earbuds.

Putting them into my ears as I played, Travelin' Soldier by the Dixie Chicks. Its an older song but I loved it.

I usually enjoyed country more then anything else. But I do listen to other genre's I just prefer country.

I watch as we approach my highschool. The one where I made so many memories with so many people.

Virginia is where I made so many memories. Where I met him. Where I lost him.

I wanted to move, so badly to escape all the bad memories. I wanted to go back to California where I was born and raised until I was twelve in seventh grade.

I smile at my mom and step out of the car walking onto campus spotting my friends by the gate. I walk over to the small group that was formed there. Pulling my ear buds out and putting my iPod away in my backpack.

I can hear the laugh of my ex best friend coming from the parking lot as he walks in with his friends, the guys from the football team.

I hug everyone and stay quiet as the group talks amongst themselves as more of the group showed up. It was an all girl group to be presice.

I see Matthew off in the distance talking to a few guys from the football team.

"Arabella, hello, you in there?" My best friend, more like a sister, Isabell says snapping her fingers in front of my face.

Snapping me back into focus as my gaze meets hers nodding. "Sorry." I say blinking my eyes a few times.

"You can't just stare at him, Bella. You need to just move on." She sighs placing a hand on her hip as her long dark brown hair flows down to her belly button.

"I know," I say as the bell rings. All of us walking to our lockers getting what we needed. I spin around spotting Matthew walking past me, swiftly steeling a glance at me before entering his class as I scramble to my first period with Isabell.

I take my seat next to her in the middle row of seats as my teacher emerges from her desk with a big grin.

"Welcome back from Winter Break my sweet and gentle human beings!"