On the road again

I had managed to find a place on my belt for the knife, and was working on moving it so it wouldn't cut my leg when the girl spoke. "Hey.... you a little...... help," her words were pained because of the shoulder wound I had inflicted. I looked at her for a moment, she wore a faded white t-shirt that was clearly meant for a guy, and blue jeans that were ripped at the bottom of the pant legs. "Fine," I said gruffly. I walked over grabbed her the same way I carried her in by and carried her back to the couch by the heater. She was silent as I walked back to the counter where I usually sit but instead of sitting I went to a first aid box, opened it and took out the medicine that makes your whole body numb, and handed it to her. "Hey what's your name," the girl asked, her words dragged out from the drug. I didn't answer her. Then she passed out on the couch.

      1 hour later

The girl woke up and shot straight off the couch. I instinctively reached for the knife but stopped when she saw my hand, I let my hand drop to my side.

The girl looked better after a little sleep. I jumped when she spoke "I need a favor," she said quietly. I looked at her like she was crazy why would I help her? She recognized the look because she said "its a trip to Washington, to find a cure for the plague,". I looked at her like she was crazy why would I take her that far? As if reading my mind she said "you will get the cure, half of all the supplies we get- "wait we?" I interrupted. "Yes we" she said "and you can share the the White House with us", she finished. I thought for a minute, all the supplies that I could get, plus the cure AND part of the White House, but still Washington is REALLY far away. I heard a faint roaring sound in the distance of a truck. And then a really loud boom and then the whole place started to shake and then the whole left side exploded blowing me and the girl into the right wall. But I wasn't so lucky, I went right through a window and parts of the glass was stuck in my arms and legs as I hit the snow I sunk into it. I stood up to see the snow was covered in my blood. I stood up and saw my bat in the snow I grabbed it and the metal was cold. I stuck it in my leather strap, but I pulled out the knife. At that exact moment a kid about the age of twelve came around the corner with a 9mm pistol in his hands, I threw the knife and to my surprise the blade stuck right into his chest I ran over grabbed the knife and 9mm pistol and stuck them both in my belt I saw the girl running away from the gas station and towards the city I sighed and took one last glimpse of the base before chasing after her.