Chapter 5

Authors Note!

Sorry for the long wait, but here it is! I know it's shorter then usual, but I've been busy. Now I'm out of college, so expect an upload soon! Pleace Comment/rate/ and fan if you really like it! And this was 3 pages on word! So yeah, usually I do five. But next time it will hopefully be five again. Enjoy! :) 

-BibliophileForLife

Chapter 5

Philias P.O.V.

I ran my fingers across the cover of the book. The embossing of the title felt smooth under them. I want to open it, but a part of me is afraid. What if it tells me something I don’t want to know. I only know the basics of our kind, but to know everything can be a burden. Feeling uneasy, I set the book aside.

My hands itch to touch it again. I can hear my parents listening to me, trying to see if I’ll open it. Taking a deep breath, I once again grab the book and stare at the cover. What could it hurt to read one page?

My fingers tremble as I open the cover and stare at the first page:

                Domen: The Life We Live

                By. Unknown

                For many centuries, our people have lived in harmony with the world. We allow others to know about us, fore they are too a part of our people, but do not wish to draw a large amount of attention. Only the strong can handle the roughness of knowing about all of the races. We all are connected. No being is better than the other is; harmony is all that we seek. To be able to live with our brethren is a feat itself.

The four known races of our time are Vampires, Werewolves, Humans, and Stadors. (For more information on the races, refer to page two.) Every seventy years two important people of each gender for each race are born. These eight are the new higher ups in our society that we call the Sovraines. Each one of them are Twin Souls, connected with the other so that their bond cannot be broken. That is why the two for each race are a male and female. These eight don’t know anything about their destiny. When they reach the age of eighteen their paths start to show. The Sovraines are given hints to whom their Twin Souls are and once they find that person a mark shows up on a part of their body after a certain amount of time. Each mark is the same, but in different areas for each race. When the eight are together, they balance each other out, causing harmony in the law. (For more information on the Sovraines,refer to page six.)

These people create our laws and make sure none is broken. In order for their force to be strong against the Exacreables, they have to remain together and have an inseparable bond. (For more information on the Exacreables, refer to page eight.)

I stare at the words that I have just read. I wanted to read more, but another part of me screamed for me to close the book.

Unable to continue I close it. I can hear my parents now moving back into motion in the kitchen. I guess they were waiting for my response. Falling backwards onto my bed, I stare at the ceiling, clutching the book to my chest. Feeling my eyes closing I allow sleep to take over.

Arden’s POV:

Opening the door to my house, I stare at the emptiness it showed. I’m used to it, but from being at Lia’s house mainly the whole day made it foreign. I stare at the empty shell of a house that I call home. Making my way up the stairs I can smell Lia from earlier today linger in my room.

The smell makes my body feel a weird tingling. I look down at the goose bumps on my arms and wonder why this girl makes me feel this way. I don’t like feeling this way, it makes me feel out of control of myself.

Laying down on my bed I close my eyes for sleep to come.

I stare out at the abyss that I call sleep. How I wished that I could dream. Humans get to so why don’t we? It’s a cruel fate to be able to relive all of those moments of your life that you wish would just disappear. Pacing I try to not think of a memory. What was the point of reliving a life I wish I didn’t have.

When I stop pacing and close my eyes, I feel a slight burning on the back of my neck. I feel myself move in my bed as it starts to itch. What is happening?

Placing my hand on the back of my neck I feel nothing, but that just means it wasn’t their when I went to sleep. Growing angry I continue to pace.

Unable to stop I think of Lia earlier today. Suddenly the darkness lightens and I watch my day all over again. I watch her again for the second time as she walks down the hallway.

I see myself go up to her as she sat under that tree and she faints. A slight smile comes onto my face at the scene.

Now I’m in the kitchen making the food and I see her walk in and watch me. My heart thrums in my chest at the smile she directs at me without my knowledge. I guess this whole seeing your memories things is good, since I get to see things I normally don’t get to see.

I watch as I’m leaving her house. This is the moment when I felt that electric current from her. I look closely at her face and notice once again that she didn’t feel it.

I stare back at the darkness as the memory fades away. Now what do I do. I still have a few more hours to be in this state.

The pain on the back of my neck can still be felt, but it’s starting to go away. I just sit there thinking of nothing until the darkness lifts.

Opening my eyes, I stare at the ceiling. A smirk overcomes my face at the promise of today. Lia forgot her car at school, guess I’ll have to be a gentleman and drive her to school. I laugh at the promising look on her face when she’ll see me waiting to drive her to school. This will be fun.