"Of course they are."  He said taking them from her and returning them to their draw.

"So witches are real?"  Grace said in a small voice as he came back

"Why do ask?"  He said taking a seat on the bed next to her.

"Elena said that Bonnie was a witch and that her magic made me...me sleep."

"The Bennet girl."  Grace nodded.  "She's a witch, descendant of a long line of strong ones too but she's dead." 

"What."

"She tried to kill me and it overwhelmed her, witch magic is all about balance - it can drain them completely of their life force when they try to take down beings more powerful then them."

"So your really powerful then?"  Grace asked looking up at him through hooded eyes.

"Yes love."

"But your not a witch."  He shook his head.  "Then what are you."

"A Vampire."

"Do you have fangs."  Without replying he gave her a toothy grin and his canines protruded over his lips while his eyes darkened and the veins beneath blackened.

Reaching a hand out she ran her thumb along his cheek tracing the pattern of the veins before dropping it to his lips and then finally landing on his teeth.  The pad of her thumb tracing the sharp edge before she felt a prick retracting her hand back she stared at the bead of blood that rested in her finger tip.

He took her hand in his bringing it back to his mouth before encasing her finger in his mouth. Letting out a shaky breath she closed her eyes. Grace could feel a delicate touch of his tongue before he pulled away completely, her hand still resting in his much larger ones.

"So you drink blood."  She stated, her voice quite, breathless.

"Yes."  He whispered back, placing her hands into her lap before retracting his. "Human blood."

"So you are a Vampire that drinks human blood, what else can you do?"

"I'm fast."  He said rising to his feet.  "I'm strong, stronger then any human could ever dream to be."

"What about weakness."

"I have no weakness."

"Everyone has a weakness, someone as powerful as you described must have a weakness.  What's your kryptonite?"

"My kryptonite love?"  He said raising an eyebrow at her.  "Do you wish to harm me, I can think of no other reason as to why you would want to know..."

"I don't want to harm you."  Standing up she walked towards him. "I want to know more about you.  Look - I love photography and English Literature, my strengths lie in the written word and what I can capture through the lens of a camera. My kryptonite is small enclosed spaces, history class and axe wielding murderers.  See now you know more about me.  Our weakness are part of us and we have to except that or they will control us."

"Wise words for someone so young love."

"It was in some self-help video look if you don't want to talk about you I can talk about me, I mean if that's what you want."

"I would love that."

The two sat back down on the bed his legs hanging over the edge while hers were crossed.

"Well my name is Grace-Louise Elizabeth Verde. I was born in June 1992."

"So you are 17."

"Yeah, I'm 17, and from what Elena said my birthday will be in a couple months and so after the holiday I will be going into senior year at school. My parents, well I don't know my birth parents but asides from blood my parents are Ryan and Natalia Verde but they're dead."