Chapter 11: The two troublemakers Pt 1

Start from the beginning

Everybody had the same thought in their heads. As soon as he can, he will take a look of the drive and he'll find the evidence of what we were trying to do. Our days were counted. Or should I say, seconds?

Nervously me and Jason waited right outside the room 308 where Paul was examining the information in the drive. As soon as he opened the door we knew everything was lost. If he hadn't murdered us that night he took us out of prison, he for sure would do it now. You should have seen the expression on his face as he stared at us, now standing in the middle of the room trying to erase our emotions.

"I have some questions about your so called 'history project'" he said already using his hard tone of voice which made us tremble in our spot.

"Yes?" I said as a minute had gone by without him saying anything.

"I see. So you're not gonna just fess up" he said and as me and Jason shared a look he started talking again. "I saw everything for your little project, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to leave it behind. I won't have you two getting in trouble again together. Jason it's bad enough with Jessie only" he frowned now talking straight to my boyfriend as I felt indignation running through my veins.

"What?!" I squeaked in annoyance but instantly regretted the tone I had used in front of Paul. "What?" I repeated in a much softer tone.

"What you perfectly heard Jessica. You're already a troublemaker yourself, you don't need to add partners to your crimes. Now listen you two. Don't you dare to keep going with this plan, or else I'll make sure you lose your taste for trouble once and for all. Got it?" Paul finished threateningly leaving us with no choice but to surrender.

"Yes sir" we said at the same time, him trying to show a good attitude and me with a slight grumble. This sucks!

I left the room absolutely fuming with Jason hot on my heels. I could see he was disappointed, but I was beyond that. This was the prank of the year! What the hell were we supposed to do now? My brain instantly started working on a backup plan as Jason stared at me contemplatively.

"Slow down those wheels in that head of yours love" he chuckled as I was wearing my 'think fast' face. "Come on, let's just leave it here. It doesn't matter".

"What do you mean? You're bailing?" I said to the surprise of my boyfriend.

"Umm were you not there in that same room with me?" he said talking down to me as if I was stupid. I quickly rolled my eyes before responding.

"Indeed I was. But this wouldn't be the first time I outplay Paul" I said as I felt the bitter taste of a lie flood my mouth. I had never been able to beat Paul, but I was willing to take some risks to try. "I'm not just gonna leave it behind. We worked too hard on it!" I said raising my voice and I saw a flash of frustration through my boyfriend's eyes.

"Jessie you heard Paul. If we pull this off we'll be exposed and get the spanking of our lives!" he raised his voice considerably which only irritated me even further.

"All this time I've known you I'd have never thought of you as a coward until today. I cannot believe you're backing off because of Paul's threat" I frowned at him in disbelief. Jason could be many things but never a chicken.

"Well believe it because I am, and you're backing off as well" he frowned at me and I swear his voice dropped a few octaves on the process of that sentence.

For a second all I could do was staring at him up and down. His entire demeanor had changed from warm and friendly (and funny) to cold and stern (and bossy) and that could only result in one thing: big time fight.

"Excuse you Jason Atkins?" I raised my voice at him in an indignant tone. "I am going to pull this off even if I have to do it all by myself".

"Like hell you will. Now you listen to me. I hardly ever tell you what to do except for those rare occasions when I'm absolutely right and you're absolutely wrong. You will drop this off Jessie. I mean it"