Help

A/N: Here is the last chapter. Thanks for reading.

" Laura... you should be resting, even if you plan to stay awake for a year, your ankle needs rest." He said worriedly trying to walk closer.

I responded by holding up my gun. He stopped and stood there, his face neutral.

" I know its you David." I asked aiming at his head.

" You were always the smart one, Daniels didn't figure it out until after it was too late but I should not have underestimated you." He said calmly.

" You let that thing on board."

" I let our child on board."

" You used my DNA to create a monster, it is not my child." I growled.

" Whatever helps you sleep at night, darling. Now put the gun down." He said.

"Go to hell."

" I have been for the last ten years without Elizabeth and you but that is all behind us."

" Yes it is because I'm going to avenge her and my crew by killing you." I pulled the trigger but it clicked signaling no ammo.

" I had a feeling you would figure it out so I took precautions." He walked towards me and I tried to swing the weapon at him.

He caught it and pulled it away, throwing it to the other side of the room. Then he backhanded me into the wall. I hit the wall with a thud and groaned as I struggled to get up, the pain of my ankle fired up.

" You always knew how to make things difficult for yourself." He said kneeling down, reaching out, and grasping my chin.

"Only when someone threatens my missions." I clawed at his injured cheek, pulling the staples out.

He pulled back and I used my leg to trip him. I crawled to the door and had mother open it. Once I was out I told her to lock it as David started to get up. The door slammed and locked him in. But it would not hold him for long as he started to punch his way out. I got up and used the walls to help me down the hallways, I told mother to override his control. So at least he couldn't find where I was immediately, I needed to get to the holding bay and detach that part of the ship from the other.

It was a design I created to ensure the survival of the colonists in case of emergency, that part of the ship would go straight to the planet if detached regardless of what was happening to the bridge but I needed to wake of Daniels and Tennessee in case I got caught by David before I could do anything, because if no one was awake then no one could start the colony and wake the others up.

As I hobbled along mother informed me David was out. I tried to quicken my pace but my ankle made it difficult. I finally reached the holding bay and made my way to Daniels pod. Just as I reached the pod, I heard a shot, and felt immense pain in my lower body. I screamed loudly and cried out.

I collapsed as I lost all feeling in my lower half. But I could still feel pain and it shot through my torso. I looked and saw David standing there with a gun pointed at me. I looked and saw blood pooling around my waist. David quickly dropped the gun and rushed over to me. He picked me up and rushed me out of the room. I was in so much pain that I did not stop him.

He carried me to the med bay I woke up in and laid me on one of the beds on my side. He turned me away from him and it sounded like he was preparing to take the bullet out. I felt a sharp pain in my arm and cried out weakly.

" Shhhh its okay, the pain will be gone soon." He muttered softly petting the side of my head gently then he removed his hand.

" You son of a bitch, you paralyzed me!" I growled as the pain soon left and I realized I could not move my lower body.

" Its your own doing, Laura. You should've been resting in your room not snooping around. But your new situation makes it easier to keep you from messing with anything else and more complacent in my plans for you and the colony." He said like a father scolding his child. I felt a little pressure on my lower back.

" David those things will kill the colonists." I tried to reason with him.

" That is the point."

" But why?"

" Humans are a destructive waste. They create and disregard their own creations without a second thought. I will not allow them to ruin the universe any further. When we get to our new home, the live colonists will never be awoken. I will use them to create more of our creations."

"And of the thousands of embryos?"

" Only a few will be incubated and kept alive for you."

" Why is that?" I asked confused.

" Simply because you will never except the children I have given you, you will not feel a connection to them unless you have birthed them yourself, I know that now. But if you were to give birth to these 'Creatures' as you call them, you will die. I plan on implanting the human embryos soon and allow you to birth them. I when you are ready to give birth I will remove the child and allow you to heal until you are ready for another."

" Oh how kind and merciful you are." I said sarcastically.

There was silence as he finished patching me up, I heard the sound of the Cauterizer which he probably used instead of stitches so I didn't bleed out when he wasn't there.  I felt myself being lifted and carried out of the med bay. We arrived back at the holding bay. He had mother open one of the pods and he set me down gently, he then went to one of the cabinets. He pulled out a large blanket and walked back to me. He placed the blanket over me and crouched down to stare at me.

" I hate you." I said as tears welled up in my eyes.

He didn't look hurt but he didn't make any other expression.

" I'd rather you hate me now than lose you forever. One day you will thank me, and maybe one day you will love my children as I will love yours. Your children and my children will grow together and create a perfect place where the sins of their ancestors will not being repeated. And my children will not harm yours because they share a common mother even if she doesn't want to be. Great things are about to happen Laura and you will be apart of it. When you wake up we will be home and everything can start anew." He said leaning down to kiss my lips.

I turned my head so he merely kissed my cheek. He pulled away and remained silent. I kept looking away and as the pod closed, I felt dread. Dread of what will happen to me and everyone else on this ship. And as I felt myself fall into slumber I let tears drip down my face. David, once the person I loved the most, has truly become a monster. I looked up as he stared down at me. As I closed my eyes, I could hear him humming. 

" Sleep well, Laura." Was the last thing I heard before losing consciousness.