Run

When I came to all I could hear was the sounds of struggle. I stood up on wobbly legs and ran towards the sound. Daniels came crashing into me out of nowhere.

"Daniels! David He's..." I tried to say but she pulled me up and started to run.

"I know. We need to go!" She screamed as we made our way into the main hall.

We were half way across the room when I felt a tug on my arm and I was flung back against the wall. I groaned as I struggled to get back up. David had his hand around Daniels throat and was lifting her till her feet dangled off the floor.

" You both are not leaving. Even if it means one of you die." He tightened his grasp and Daniels was losing air.

I looked and saw a large stone. I picked it up and ran towards David, I threw it and it hit the back of his knee. He collapsed and let Daniels go. I ran passed him and helped Daniels up. I felt something grasp my ankle and squeeze so hard. I let out a scream as my ankle was twisted and broke. Daniels kept pulling me and I turned, seeing David holding my mangled ankle. I was in so much pain that I couldn't move.

Suddenly I felt David let go. Daniels picked me up and started to run. I looked over her shoulder and saw David fighting with Walter. Before I lost sight I saw David reach for a knife while Walter had him pinned. Then the pain from my ankle made me pass out.

                                                                             *Timeskip*

I woke up to bright sterile light and sat up with a groan.

"You should still be resting." A familiar male voice said that struck fear.

"David?" I asked fearfully looking around until I saw someone at a desk.

"No, its Walter." He said seemingly hurt as he turned.

" I'm sorry Walter. Its just...." He held his hand up.

"Its fine Laura. After what he did, its ok to be a little hesitant." He said soothingly coming closer.

He sat down in a chair by my ankle and lifted the blanket. My ankle was in a cast.

" He broke your ankle. Luckily by the time you get out of cryo it will be healed but you will need to do some physical therapy when we get to Origae-6." He said placing the blanket back on my ankle.

" Is he...?" I asked.

"Dead? I'm not sure, once I beat him into submission, I ran to the ship. He could be alive but he'd be highly damaged." He said sitting down pulling the chair closer.

" I see." I said sadly looking down. 

David was still there then and the guilt I already felt would grow because he became insane from years of isolation with only the remnants of a race that hated his creators and the memories of creators who mistreated him. 

" He told me about you and him." Walter said.

"He did?" I looked up.

" Yes, though at the time I had no idea you were there. He said only two humans he thought deserved mercy, you and Miss Shaw."

"What happened to her?" I asked.

" David created a new species, and he used Miss Shaw as one of his specimens. He said he expressed guilt but in the end, these creatures were hers, yours, and his children. Before I damaged him he said that these creatures were created from Elizabeth's and your DNA, how he got your DNA I do not know, but they would not harm you."

"Because they are my children."

"Laura, I do not know what happened the years you were apart from David but..." An alarm went off.