Presently

I slowly turned around and saw someone whom I thought was long dead. He was the same except his blonde hair was longer revealing the dark roots underneath. He wore the same Weyland Yutani uniform. 

"David?" I asked hesitantly.

" Laura." He knew who I was.

"Yes."

It got quiet again. He walked toward me slowly as if he thought I'd run away. I stayed still as he reached to me and hesitantly put a hand on my cheek. His light blue eyes scanning mine.

" We thought you dead," I said as he thumbed my cheek.

"I break down, I don't die." He said absentmindedly as he rubbed my skin." I'm not a human."

"You're more human than anyone I have ever known." As he moved his hands around my face.

" Still the same Laura, just a little older." He said rubbing under my eye.

"David, did you find them?" I asked.

He stopped and removed his hands.

"Yes..."

" They weren't what we wanted them to be."

"Yes. You were right about them."

" What happened?"

" The ship's crew traveled in hibernation stasis while I stayed awake, the ship arrived in the orbit around LV-22.  After being awakened from hibernation, the crew was informed of their mission to find the ancient aliens, called "Engineers" who were the creators of the human race. They viewed a holographic message from Mr.  Weyland and told them about his funding for the mission and that he had since died." 

"So Weyland actually went?" I asked amazed, when I met Mr. Weyland he was sickly and relied heavily on David.

" Correct but Ms. Vickers was in charge.  She ordered them to avoid any direct contact and to return if the aliens are found. We landed near an alien structure and the team including Dr. Shaw, Dr. Holloway, and myself explored it, while Ms. Vickers and Captain Janek remained aboard the ship and monitored our progress. We found several cylinder-like artifacts, a monolithic statue of a humanoid head, and the decapitated corpse of a giant alien, one of the Engineers. Other bodies were later found in the structure, and the species was presumed to be extinct. We viewed an archive footage of holographic Engineers running down the corridors reacting to a long-ago emergency. A rapidly approaching storm forced the crew to return to Prometheus, leaving crew members Milburn and Fifield stranded in the pyramid structure after becoming lost trying to find the way out. Shaw insisted we take the Engineer's head back to the ship with them and barely made it back alive. Shaw and medic Ford analyzed the Engineer's head, and discover that its DNA was identical to that of the human race. But upon exposure to their breathable atmosphere, the severed Engineer's head decomposed rapidly and disintegrated. The storm subsided, and we returned to the structure and found Milburn's corpse. I discovered a room containing a living Engineer in stasis and a holographic star map highlighting Earth. Holloway's showed sickness that rapidly ravaged his body, and he was rushed back to the ship. Ms. Vickers refused to let him aboard. When he approaches her, begging her to kill him,  and she burnt him to death with a flamethrower. The scan revealed that Shaw, despite being sterile, was pregnant. I subdued her in order to return her to Earth in stasis, but she escaped and used an automated medical surgery pod in Vickers' quarters to extract a horrific cephalopod-like creature from her abdomen while she was conscious. Weyland was in stasis aboard the ship and explained to Shaw that he intends to ask the Engineers to help him avoid his impending death. A mutated Fifield was discovered just outside the hanger bay and killed several crew members before being killed himself.  Captain Janek theorized that the moon we were on was used by the Engineers as a military base until they lost control of their biological weapons, namely the cylinders and the black fluid they contained. The remaining crew returned to the structure and awakened the Engineer, who was occupying what was a space ship. I spoke to the engineer asks to save Weyland and the humans. He ripped off my head and killed Weyland and Ford. Shaw escaped from the ship as it was activated by the Engineer. The Engineer planned to release the black fluid on Earth, thus killing every living creature on the planet. Vickers ordered Janek to return to Earth, but Shaw convinced him to stop the Engineer's ship. Janek and his two surviving crewmen took off and crashed the Prometheus into the Engineer's ship while Vickers fled. The disabled Engineer ship crashes onto the planet, fell onto Vickers, and crushed her. Shaw went to the escape pod to retrieve supplies but the engineer survived the crash and attacked her. Her offspring survived and she used it to subdue the engineer. Shaw believed we were stranded but I told her we could fly a ship that was still functional that was on the planet. She recovered my remains and together we came here. She repaired me and I taught her how to fly the ship. She wanted us to come here to understand why the engineers wanted the Earth destroyed and why they made humanity in the first place."

That was a lot to take in. The entire crew sans David and Dr. Shaw were dead. The Prometheus was sacrificed to stop the annihilation of earth. But what happened here? Where was Shaw?

" Where is Shaw? What happened to the Engineers?" I asked.

" Upon our entry into the atmosphere, we were spotted and shot down. Elizabeth didn't survive and as for the Engineers, their creation, the black fluid, decimated them. Ironic isn't it? Weyland's Creators kill him off, then their creations creation killed them off." He showed delight which I felt uneasy about.

True David did have misgivings about Mr. Weyland but often felt guilty immediately afterward. Now he seemed delighted his creator was dead. Something was different about David, the look in his eyes was no longer the calm and careful it had been. Now it seemed more of a thinly veiled madness. I needed to tread lightly. He was staring at me and it was starting to make me even more uncomfortable.

" Why are you here, Laura? I do not think this is a rescue mission." He suddenly said.

I remained quiet. I really didn't want to tell him. I had a feeling in my gut that if I told him something bad would happen. Plus some parts of his story didn't make sense. Like how did Holloway get infected? There seemed to be parts taken out especially about himself.  And if the ship crashed so far away, how could it have really affected the engineers?

" I came alone, the cargo ship I was on was in the system but we had to abandon ship. My pod crashed here." I lied.

He remained silent. Suddenly my com blared to life, Daniels and everyone were screaming in panic. There was an explosion that I felt here, and I heard a large screech. They were in trouble. But not as in trouble I as was. David would easily figure out my lie. His eyes remained me of a parent about to scold their child.

" Now why would you lie to me, Laura ?" He mocked hurt as he stepped closer to me, prompting me to step back only to be met with the edge of the desk.

He caged me into the desk and placed his forehead against mine.

" Do I frighten you?" He asked curiously.

" Yes."

"Why is that?"

" You are different."

"So different that you'd lie?" He did actually seem hurt.

I bit my lip. There was no doubt I was afraid of him, who knows how long Elizabeth really had been gone? And how had their relationship had been? How do I know I could trust him with some much inconsistencies?

" You know, for ten years I never stopped thinking of you..." He paused reaching up to my neck and I flinched when he touched it. " I never stopped thinking of the conversation we had about a life together. I assumed you had moved on. But you never did, did you? And even now, you can't even do anything to protect yourself because you are at a loss. But do not worry, they will not harm you."

" Who?" I could feel my heart in my throat, as I reached for my com.

" Why our children of course." He happily said as I felt a pinch and I lost control of my body.

I crumpled to the ground, unable to move. I felt two arms lift me up and place me on the bed. David arranges me, so I'm comfortable as he sits on the side. He brushes the hair out of my eyes and leans down.

" Wish me luck." He smiles and kisses my cheek. I feel a pinch again and everything goes black.