I look at the front of the room again outside the window of the classroom door but I don't spot Lily. I look towards the back and see she's all the way towards the back of the classroom with a solemn face while coloring quietly, unlike the other kids.

I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

From the window, Mrs. Joseph waddles to the door and opens it with a small smile. Her smile gets wider as she see it's me.

"Oh my, why hello Mrs. Willis" she says loud enough for the class to hear while she hugs me.

Then all you hear is shouts and cheers along with my name.

I walk into the classroom to me tackled by my old students.

I get a million kisses on the cheek and warm hugs. It brings the biggest smile to myself in such a long time.

After a while, Mrs. Joseph tells them to go back to the desks. They follow her instructions with no resistance.

I smile at them for being obedient.

I see still Lily in the back coloring, not looking up. Unaware of what's happening around her.

Knowing that she won't look up from her coloring book unless called. I go to the rest of the kids and give them the little treats I bought them and give them my love.

When they are nice and quiet, munching on their snacks. I go to Ms. Joseph and tell her I'm taking Lily and also tell Lily she has a surprise outside then walk out the door.

I wait for a minute, anxious. Biting my nails. Sweating a bit. I just want her to be happy to see me.

I hear the door to the classroom creak and her head full brownish locks peep outside the classroom. Not noticing me.

I observe her for a bit, seeing her shoulders sag a little.

I can't take it anymore.

"Lily." I croak out to her. Not realizing I'm on the verge of tears. I didn't realize I had missed her this much. I stretch out my arms, in a hope that she runs into them like she used to. When she isn't upset with me.

Her head snaps my way and he little blue eyes widen in shock. Her eyes well up and she runs into my arms. I pick her up and she circle her tiny baby arms around my neck and her legs around my waist.

I sigh in content while I hug her.

I hear her little sobs and tears soaking my shirt. Which cause me to hug her tighter and suck up my own. I have to be strong for her.

I lean back from the hug and little to see her small angelic face.

She raises her head from my shoulder and look back at me. A bright smile forming on her face, lighting up her eyes.

My heart warms at the sight. I want that smile permanently on her face.

"Hi my flower." I say to her in a whisper.

"Hi !" She says happily.

"How's my flower?" I ask her while I start walk out of the building.

Then she begins to tell me about her time at school while have been away.

She loves her new teacher.

She made a new friend with the new student. Apparently he's a boy. She was blushing when I said she liked him. She's just adorable.

Our talk went on and on in the car on the car ride to the park.

I'm giving her a picnic, she's always wanted one.

All I want is for her to be happy. She's my world. Even if she's not mine.

I know your probably thinking I'm a creep and like those psycho people on lifetime movies. I'm not like that. I'm just providing her with a experience of what it would feel like to be loved and cared for. What's it like to be a family. She doesn't get that home, I'm working on that situation. I'm working on giving her better life. I'm working on giving her a home with me, it's what she wants. I'm working on leaving, for the both of us.

I'm working on it.

I'm working on it for her...as for me, well I don't really matter. It's only about her and her life. That is what is lost important to me. She's my little girl.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Well that's this chapter lovelies. This chapter was more on Lily and her relationship. Also this chapter shows how much Lily really matters to her and what she wants to do for to make her happy and safe.

Well, until next time lovelies ~
Kadey 💕

| unedited |
| word count | 1337