Chapter 7

Piper's P.O.V

"COME ON, MY GOSH. CAN THIS LANE GO ANY FASTER ?" I yelled to myself.

Currently I am in traffic on my way to go get Lily from school before she gets out. To surprise her And these cars do not want to go any faster.

"Please move faster." I mumbled to myself to which seems like the hundredth time today.

After long minutes of waiting in traffic, the lane starts moving faster.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I said repeatedly to myself.

I wonder what held the line up.

As the cars start moving faster and I see what held up the on coming cars, I get sick.

A car crash.

A terrible one at that. Policies cars, ambulances, and fire trucks all litter the scene. But that's not what makes me dizzy and sick.

It's the blood and people on the ground. And a guy getting arrested. You don't even have to guess what happened.

It was a drunk driver accident.

You can can gather that from observing the scene.

The way he walks, the he slouches, tripping over his feet. It disgusts me to no end to think of why would a human being with any sense of humanity get in a car under the influence of liquor. It sickens me and saddens me with memories that come about when I look at this scene. My heart starts to ache painfully, and I feel tears start to tickle down my cheek.

I hear honk coming from behind me and I noticed that I stopped in the middle of the road. I quickly start to move my car, not to only stop people honking at me but to get away from this scene as soon as possible.

I think back to the scene, more like the people I saw on the ground. Covered in blood.

Those victims will never get to go home to their families. They will never be able to live the life they want. They won't be able to able to be alive.

I wipe my tears and keep driving.

After driving for some minutes, Lily's school come into view. My old place of work.

I'm still not over the fact that I had to leave my kids, leave my job, leave my Lily. But some things you just can't control.

I pull into the front of the school and shut off my car. I grab my purse, her gift, and my keys out the ignition before getting out the car.

I walk swiftly to the front of the school after locking my car.

I say hello and give hugs to my old coworkers and catch-up a little. They let me in because they know who I'm here for.

As I walk the halls toward her classroom, I think about what would she do when she see me.

Would she be upset with me?

Happy to see me?

I hope she is because she makes me happy, and I can't wait to see her. Just hope she feels the same way.

I make it to her classroom which used to be my old classroom. I look in the window of the classroom of my old students and I smile. From what I can see, they are behaving good for their new teacher.

Their new teacher is a little older than I. I had the pleasure of meeting the sweet lady. Her name is Susan Joseph and she's married with her first child on the way. She's just amazing and a perfect replacement for the kids.