Working on it (1)

(Four years later...)

Storm's POV

"Evie! Get down here it's time to go to daycare!" I called through the apartment.

My little girl had to go to daycare before I went to work. Soon she came running down the stairs. She didn't look much like her father, but they shared the same facial structure and skin tone. Evie had my hazel eyes and dark brown hair. Only thing was I had dyed the tips of mine dark blue.

"Estoy aquí, Mamá. Estoy listo para ir!" (I'm right here, Mamá. I'm all ready to go!) Evie said as she marched out of her room.

She had on her daycare uniform of a navy blue skirt and a light green shirt. She put on her shoes and grabbed her butterfly patterned lunch bag.

"Te ves hermosa, querida hija. Ahora vamos, tenemos que ir." (You look beautiful, dear daughter. Now come, we must go.) I replied.

She took my hand and we left down to the car. I drove her to and walked her into daycare.

"Que tengas un buen día querdia!" (Have a good day dear!) I called out and waved.

"Vale Mamá. ¡Te quiero!" (Okay Mamá. I love you!) Evie called back.

"Yo también te quiero," (I love you too.) I replied.

I went back to my car and drove to the music studio I worked at.

"Hey Deena," I said as I walked in. Deena, the receptionist, waved back at me. I went up to my office and called in one of the newest Spanish stars, Kella LaVerte. She stepped into the sound booth and began singing. I recorded it and gave her a thumbs up for doing a great job. It would be her first album.

"You know, you could sing as well. You have a great voice. I've heard you," She told me in accented English. I thought about that. It could be true. I was only 26, the same age as Kella. I could do this. "You know what, maybe I will," I replied.

She smiled. "Awesome. Was this the last song of the album?" she asked.

I nodded and sent a copy of the CD to the distributer, Mr. Gonzales, to look over.

I checked the time. "Oh! Shit! I have to go pick up Evie! Thanks, Kella. I'll tell you how well the album sold in a month or so," I said.

I waved at Deena on my way out and practically jumped all the way to Tiny Butterflies daycare, I was driving so fast.

I arrived and children were spilling out the door. "Mamá! Usted está aquí! Yo quiero ir a casa!" (Mama! You're here! I want to go home!) Evie cried when she got out and ran into my arms.

"¿Qué ocurre, querdia?" (What's wrong, dear?) I asked.

She refused to talk about it until we got home, then switched to English, which I had taught her so she could speak with her grandparents.

"Mamá! The children at daycare were making fun of me because I have no daddy and that my Mamá has a weird disease," she said.

I wrinkled my nose for a second then realized what she meant. "Mamá doesn't have a weird disease. She has something called ADHD and she needs medicine for it. You don't have the same thing though. ADHD means Mamá gets antsy very quickly and can't focus. I'm okay though." I purposefully avoided answering the part about having no daddy. She wasn't ready to know and I didn't want to talk about it.

She looked at me, reassured. "Oh, guess what? We're going to finally visit abuela and abuelo in person!"

Evie looked ecstatic. We had not visited my parents in person, but had Skyped and called once a day. "Really Mamá? when?" she asked.

I smiled secretively and let the suspense build. "'This weekend. Now, start packing." she looked gleeful and ran to her room to pack.

I was happy I would be seeing my parents in four days, but there was one thing I forgot that I cursed myself for. I might have to face Jeremiah. My skin crawled. I wasn't mentally prepared enough to do that.

_____________________________________________________________________

I know, pretty boring but it gives you a glance into the life of Storm and her daughter.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!

Edited 1/6/15 Tuesday