Six: Rosy's Dinner & An Opportunity

|JACI|

As he said we were, we pulled into the small parking lot of a cute little restaurant by the name of ‘Rosy’s Dinner’ which was in a eroded and worn red plastic and hung above the little roof over the double doored entryway.

“Here we are,” Max said looking back over his arm as he backed into his parking space.

Getting out of his truck we meet around the front and walked up to the doors. There were little trimmed rose bushes in the front beneath the windows, some of the rose vines climbing up the side of the building not minding anybody.

A light rain started to fall causing us to jog the rest of the way up to the door.

Max reached out in front of me opening the door politely for me and we were greeted with a little jingled of a old bell attached to the door.

“Is that who I think it is? Maximilian why are you not in school!?” A woman's voice hissed.

Out from the doorway behind the bar counter came a dull red haired women who had a waist apron tied around her and wore a red collared and sleeved dress beneath. her black plastic name tag read ‘Rosiline’.

“Hey Auntie...” Max said uncomfortably scratching at the back of his head.

“Oh you’re lucky I don’t call your Grandfather on you.” She rasped.

As humourous as this was the question dawned on me, His Grandfather? What about his parents?

“I er-” He fumbled.

“Shut your trap boy and introduce me to this beautiful young lady,” The women said hinting towards me.

“This is Jacinda. Jacinda this is my Aunt Ros-”

“You me you're the alpha’s daughter!” She rushed. “It’s such an honor here, take a seat and we’ll cook whatever you want right up for you here.”

Blush consumed my cheeks and I said shyly, “Oh no it’s fine. It’s nice to meet you and this is quite a cute little place you have here.”

“Well thank you. Seems like you got a good one here Maxy. I’ll be right back, find yourselves a seat.” Rosy said giving Max a pointed look before hurrying off to grab the menus.

Even though I was embarrassed with her comment about Max getting a good one I decided to ignore that and pick on him.

“So Maxy, where do you suggest we sit?”

Max groan and rolled his head around like his neck was sore. “Over here.”

“Alright...Maxy,” I teased skipping over to the little two person booth he had pointed to.

This time he rolled his eyes. “So, enough about me what is your deal with your brother and his beta?”

I attempted to hide my shock at him being able to detect the problem without really knowing me.

“None of your business.” I snapped.

He rolled his eyes, “Real convincing Jaci, but because I’m a good friend I’ll let it slide,” He said. Then he added, “for now.”

I rolled my eyes as Rosy showed up at our table with menu’s.

“So today our meal of the day is the Turkey and Potato as well as our famous pancakes and hash browns if you are having a breakfast tooth,” Rosy said indicating to where the meals were on the menu.

With a thanks and our drink orders the older women walked off to get them.

“So your aunt?” I asked indicatively.