- Chapter 2 -

For some reason I thought that I had to wait another day before I drove to y/n's because it was too late to drive at 6pm. Which is total bullshit, obviously, I was just too afraid to face her immediately. So I drove there at 6 in the morning the next day, a Tuesday and realized that it was way too early when I got there within 45 minutes.

This lead to me sitting in front of the house where her apartment was supposed to be in, in my car, like a total creep. Congratulations Derek, you really made it. Amazing.

When I finally grew a pair and walked up the stairs to find her apartment I could literally hear my bones shaking. What were I thinking to just drive here without letting her know that the man, she probably hated the most and who broke her heart into pieces, was coming to meet his daughter, who he didn't even knew he had. This was damned to end in agreat disaster.

After a good 10 minutes of walking around the house and pretending I couldn't find the right apartment, I finally stood in front of her door and held my fist up ready to knock. Well, not so ready to be honest, but there was no way back, so I just took a deep breath and knocked at the door. I waited a few minutes, or maybe it were seconds but it definitely felt like minutes, but nobody opened the door even though I could clearly hear two heartbeats on the other side of it. One tiny but fast heartbeat and one a litte bit stronger and slower. Just when I was about to give up and drive home, the door opened and a small, all too familiar girl looked at me with shock in her beautiful eyes.

"Hey y/n." I said and instantly wanted to run away because I sounded like a little girl asking her lifetime crush out on a date. I tried hard to keep a straight face, but failed miserably and probably looked like an idiot. Of course she looked absolutly stunning and I kicked my 23 years old me mentally in the balls for letting such a beautiful human being run out of my life. She wore her hair in perfect waves and wasn't wearing make up at all, still she looked amazing. I instantly remembered the night that I fell for her and felt the pressure in my chest and at the same time the strange feeling of finally finding that missing piece for a happy life. "Derek?...Hi? What are you doing here this early?" she looked like she'd seen a gohst and I didn't know why but it broke my heart.

"Yeah, yeah sorry for that, I got your letter yesterday and...yeah I thought it would take me longer to get here." I noticed how my hands got sweaty and tried to wipe them on my pants without her noticing but her eyes scanned every movement of mine and I could have sworn I saw a little smile at the corner of her lips.

"Yeah the letter, right. Well, it's not really a good time now because I have to go to work and drive Talia to my mother, but I can leave earlier today and we can meet at the coffee shop round the corner at like 1pm?" it was just now that I realized that she wore an apron. So she worked as a barista maybe? Why? As far as I have known she was about to finish her doctorate in architecture wich means that she already should have been finished by the time we saw each other again, right? Or maybe she couldn't finish it beacause of the pregnancy and had to quit so she could take care of Talia, that actually made sense.

I must have been staring because she waved her hand in front of my face and chuckled a bit when I realized that I zoned out. "Still a man who gets easily lost in his thoughts I guess?" she smiled at me and I was more than glad that she wasn't a werewolf so she couldn't hear my heart speeding up. She was so beautiful and I tried not to look her in the eyes because I knew I'd get lost in them again. Instead I shook my head and tried to hide the smile at the corner of my mouth. "Yeah, I guess some things never change."

Her smile vanished and she lowered her head when she whispered "Yeah, obviously." I wanted to say something when a little voice came from the room behind her. "Mommy? Where are uuuu?" she sang and my heart stutterd. How was she able to talk in sentences? She was only two years old wasn't she? I mean I don't know anything about babys but aren't they supposed to lay in a crib at that age?