You Set a Fire and You Burnt Down My House [Jake Dillinger X Rich Goranski]

Requested By: @_MichealMell_

Warning: Swearing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rich!" A voice yelled. It sounded distant. "Rich get up! Quick this house is about to go down on us!" The voice grew louder this time.

Rich opened his eyes. He saw that the roof had shades of orange dancing and swirling around. It was fire. He saw a silhouette come in to view. Was it real? He didn't know. Was he dreaming? He didn't know. All he could remember was Jake's party and then blacking out. He was so confused.  

"Come on, Rich! We don't have time, man!" The voice became clearer. It was Jake. 

Rich groaned and was helped up by Jake. Rich took in his surroundings. This was real. He wasn't dreaming. He came to his senses and widened his eyes, "Oh, God! Wha-" 

"Let's go!" Jake cut off, grabbing Rich's arm and began to quickly make their way out. They couldn't run or else they might trip over something. Rich coughed, this was not good. 

All Rich could hear was the crackling of the fire and all he could feel was the heat getting closer and hotter. He was still trying to piece together what was happening. He thought back to when he was asking around for... Oh no.

It did this. Rich's squip. He was trying to get rid of it but it must've taken over and done this. But Rich had no time to talk about this now. He had to move quickly with Jake or else they'd be toast.

Once the boys had finally reached the hallway to the door, they decided to make a run for it because it was clear. Rich ran ahead with Jake behind him. He heard something hard fall from the roof onto the ground but payed no attention to it and made it outside. 

Rich panted and looked up to see his fellow classmates from the party. They all were staring at the burning house with shocked expressions. Rich then heard Jenna Rolan yell out, "Where the fuck is Jake?!"

Rich's face turned white and it felt like something had punched him in the gut. He turned around and looked down the hallway to see a pile of wood from the roof had landed on Jake. Upon instinct, he bolted back inside to save his best friend. 

He looked down at him. Jake was unconscious and the big pile of burning wood was on his legs. Rich pried the wood off of Jake, his adrenaline ignoring the burns he was getting on his body. He picked up Jake and put his shoulder around him and dragged him out of the house quickly before anymore damage could happen to them. 

Some students came to help Jake and Rich out. Jake was taken away from Rich's hold and then noticed red and blue lights flashing. There was an ambulance and a firetruck. Rich took one last look at Jake, who was being put on one of the ambulance beds before his view began to fade out.

Rich then opened his eyes. He saw a white ceiling. There were no more orange tints swirling around or making crackling noises. He looked around and saw that he was in a hospital room and he was laying in a hospital bed. He was wrapped in bandages and had burn marks all over him.

"'Bout time you woke up." He heard a voice say. He turned to his right to see Jake looking at him in his own hospital bed with casts on both his legs.

"Jake! You're alright!" Rich couldn't help but smile. Jake gave a small smile back but his eyes looked sad, "What happened?" Rich continued.

Jake sighed, "You don't remember? You set a fire and you burnt down my house." He almost seemed on the verge of tears. Rich's stomach dropped, he felt guilt. It wasn't him who did it; it was his squip! But would Jake know that? He knows about Rich's squip. "Please tell me it did it and not you." Jake added.

"It wasn't me, man! It did it! You gotta believe me!" Rich's voice croaked, "I'm... sorry." 

"I can't really forgive you for burning down my house, dude." Jake said, but he didn't have anger in his voice, "But I guess you can make it up to me by letting me live in your house for a bit until shit gets better."

Rich nodded, "Yeah sure, bro." He was surprised at how calm Jake was being. After all, Jake's parents left him recently and now his house was burned down by his best friend? Rich felt awful.

"Jenna said you saved my life." Jake added and then fell silent. Rich nodded.

"I'm so sorry Jake. I heard the roof collapse and still ran. I didn't know fell on you but I came back! I-"

"Dude. I'm happy to be alive. Thank you." Jake cut off and looked at Rich and smiled. Rich grinned back.

"Wanna get some make-up food after this, bro?"

"Sure, dude."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHH FORGIVE ME I SUCK AT WRITING JAKE'S AND RICH'S PERSONALITIES!

Word Count: 848