His voice is low and laboured, hardly audible. It has been such since he fell. I take his hand and kiss his arthritic fingers.

Withdrawing his hand from mine, he says, "I heard you have prepared an army to set for Land."

"Yes, my Lord."

"They may go but you shall stay back," he says, closing his wrinkled eyelids and taking a strained breath.

"Why not?" I counter, "Yehovah's army are evading the West of Land. It nauseates me to hear them pray."

"I understand your feelings well, Xachariel." He settles back on his throne. "Send Dagon in your place. He's the second in command. He can lead the army."

"Why shouldn't I go?"

"Sometimes," he breathes, wheezing, "Sometimes. There are times, Xachariel."

"Are you afraid? That I would . . . change?" I ask.

Lucifer can feel that I often reminisce about how life in Yehovah's House was like; what it was like to live a living life under the streams of eternal Grace and Holiness... With my brothers, Michael and Gabriel and my friend, Primavera. I know that I would be where I used to call Home had I not sworn my Loyalty to the most adored, the Light Bearer of Heaven.

But that no more is of concern. I have my place in Lucifer's service. But to Yehovah, I mean nothing. He knew everything, but He did nothing. If only He had called. I waited. I looked up to Him. But he did not even see me and thus... I fell with Lucifer... Who called. And till to this day, Lucifer regards me well enough. I serve Lucifer now. And none other.

When Lucifer replies none, I ask again, "You worry that I would meet Michael on the way?"

"Of course, it's not Michael. I know well enough that you can defend yourself against Michael's lies. To be under Yehovah means weakness. In my kingdom, you are allowed to do anything you want. You are allowed to become strong. And indeed you have. It is not Michael I am concerned of."

"Then who could it be?"

He doesn't answer.

"Lucifer?"

"Enough!!" he screams, bolting up from his seat, "I do not want to talk about this... You shall not leave. Not until I say so."

As he speak, his face distorts more to the feature of the most horrendous creature I have ever seen. I look away. It is still not easy for me to look upon the features of Lucifer.

Since he fell, his features have become mangled; thin, his cheeks have shrunken and his once glowing skin was now pale and dark. His eyes, deep and weak. He now wears a cloak over his head which once used be in the glory of silver strands, but now... All that beauty gone.

What a shame.

How have you fallen from heaven, Son of Dawn. You who were perfect in beauty and blameless in your ways. You who were clothed in precious stones. You who were on the Holy Mount of God. You who walked on fire.

I keep my gaze fixed on the reflection I see of him through the puddle of nasty liquid that has gathered just near the last step.

"If you say so," I agree.

And now, smiling oddly, he comes and caress my face, cupping my chin upwards to meet his gaze. "Did you think I do not know that you keep looking towards the East? I know. But I treasure you, Brother. You belong to me... For eternity."

"Of course, Brother," I say and take my leave.

I know that Lucifer knows. For these consistent thoughts, I expected Lucifer's wrath. But to the contrary, he positioned me on his right hand as Commander-in-chief of Hades. And I feel proud. He has made me proud, proud that all the other dead souls of the three legions that denied Yehovah look up to me with envy and fear.

But moreover, I also know that he favours me not because of Love or because I am his brother, but because Yehovah made me to be Michael's right hand, which means, might and capabilities are bound to me. That is why despite my longings, Lucifer still treasure me as his Chief Commander.

Pride and deceit is all he is now. He will never be the same Lucifer I once knew; the Lucifer who cared, the Lucifer who loved... My brother. That Lucifer is long gone.

He is now SATAN.

• • •

So guys, that's another chapter. Please vote and comment how you feel :)

Love, Hermyne.