Baldy and Skinny look at each other before looking at me. "Yeah," they say in unison.

"Okay," I sigh, allowing them to lead the way towards the nearest coffee shop.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to listen to what they have to say. I mean, what they tell me could be complete bullshit and lies.

But then again, Abel doesn't tell me anything about what he does and why he has problems with these two guys whenever I ask him.

Curious me wants to know and if the only way I can find out more about Abel is through these two, then I'm going to take the offer.

When we get inside, the two guys make their way towards the far end of the shop, slipping into their seats.

"Um, what's your names?" I want to know.

"I'm Hyghly and he's Hawk," the bald one answers just as the waitress comes over to take our orders.

Once she disappears, I look at them. "You better make this quick," I mutter.

Hawk chuckles. "This bitch is so fucking impatient," he mumbles.

"Excuse me?" I snap angrily.

Hyghly shoots Hawk an annoyed look. "Where should we start first?" he mumbles to himself. "Okay, let's start with how your boyfriend is a snake -"

"Again, not my boyfriend," I spit.

"Okay, whatever," Hyghly says, rolling his eyes. "Well, a couple of years ago, when we were in Toronto, Abel got into some trouble."

"What kind of trouble?" I want to know.

"He owed someone a lot of money," Hawk answers. "We helped him, since he was really fucked up at the time with drugs."

I want to ask them about how Abel got off the drugs, but I allow them to keep talking, not wanting to interrupt, just in case they get annoyed with me and don't tell me the story.

"Anyway, after we helped Abel pay off the guy, we found out that there was another guy Abel owed money to," Hyghly continues telling the story. "Me and Hawk, we had the money, but we told Abel that he had to sort his shit out himself."

"And did he?" I ask.

"Partly," Hyghly says. "Abel stole the money from us - more than what he even needed - and paid off the guy."

"What did he do with the rest of the money?" I question.

"What do you think?" Hawk snaps. "He moved here to New York, thinking that me and Hy wouldn't find him." He chuckles darkly. "But we have."

I look at the two guys in front of me. They seem to be telling the truth about Abel.

I bite my lip. "Has he given you your money?" I ask, leaning forward.

Hyghly scoffs. "We wouldn't be here if he had!" he exclaims and I huff under my breath.

"Do you trust him?" Hawk asks now,  squinting at me.

"What do you mean?" I frown, looking down at my hands.

"Do you trust Abel?" Hawk repeats.

I look up at him. "I don't know," I say. "Yeah . . .? I don't know. I barely know him."

"Exactly!" Hyghly says. "Don't trust him because you never know, he might do exactly what he did to us to you."

I chuckle. "I hardly doubt that," I say. "I have no money for him to do that to me."

"Yeah, but Abel deals, doesn't he?" Hawk asks, arching an eyebrow.

I nod. "Yeah," I say. "What has that got to do with anything?"

"How do you know he hasn't planted any drugs in your apartment?" Hawk questions, looking me directly in the eye.

"And why the hell would be want to do that?" I ask in an annoyed tone.

"Imagine if the police raided his house," Hyghly starts to say. "And they look for drugs. They might not find it because they're in your house, because Abel planted it there, just in case that very thing happened. He's twisted and you can't trust him. You may be fucking, but that doesn't mean that Abel cares about you."

"And who knows? Maybe Abel's fucking you just so he has access to your apartment to hide his stash of drugs," Hawk adds.

My mouth goes dry after hearing those words leave Hawk's mouth.

Abel would never do that to me, right? He wouldn't stash away drugs in my house just to save his own skin, would he?