Chapter 19

For the following week I was not allowed to leave my hospital bed. Wesley refused to leave my side, but when his responsibilities as alpha did call him away, there were at least five guards posted outside my door at all times. Since I had woken up from my coma our relationship had only grown. Before the incident I had accepted the bond we shared, but intended to be friends with Wesley for as long as I could before we started anything romantic. However, after almost losing one another I decided to accept his many, many propositions to be more than friends.

I thought I didn't need a man in my life, especially one that thought they could control me. When I first met Wesley that's exactly who and what I thought he was, but he wasn't. Wesley Jackson was a good, honest man that only wanted the best for me. I hated how long it had taken me to see and accept that. Since meeting Wesley I had done everything I could to fight the obvious feelings I felt for him, but they were always there, hiding deep below the surface.

Wesley argeed he would not have had it any other way. He said that my stubbornness was what really brought us together; that if I had accepted our bond as quickly as he had the feelings we now had for one another would not have been so strong. It was almost like the Moon Goddess was giving me a second chance at happiness and I did not intent to mess it up. Even though I had been trapped in a hospital bed for almost a month, I knew my feelings for him were real and would only deepen once I was allowed to leave the prison that was the hospital room.

The silver had finally left my system and my accelerated healing, although stunted, had finally kicked in. The doctor had informed Wesley and I that I would be allowed to check out of the hospital within days and I was nervous to return home to the pack house. Things had changed since the attack on alpha Lincoln's pack. Patrols had tripled, there was a curfew in place, and no one was allowed to go anywhere alone. Not to mention, Wesley and I had gone legit with the mate process and I was not entirely sure what to expect once we left the safe bubble that was my hospital room.

I was so lost in thought that I almost did not hear a soft knock at the door. Wesley's head peaked in before he spoke, "Hey darling, it's good to see you awake! How was your nap?" Although I had been unconscious for over two weeks, it seemed even after I woke up all I did was sleep. I was pretty much an elderly woman who became cranky if she was not allowed her standard five naps a day. Wesley said all of my napping was necessary in order for my body to heal itself, although I honestly thought he was just trying to make me feel better about falling asleep mid-conversation with the doctor.

"If I'm not allowed out of this room soon, I'm going to go mad with boredom!" He let out a deep chuckle before taking a seat at the end of my bed. I kicked him slightly, which gained me a smile. I was still struggling with showing affection and didn't know how to "flirt." I hated that to onlookers we now looked like that overly affectionate couple that everyone hated. I was a very independent person and it was very hard for me to allow someone in close enough to affect that independence.

"That's why I'm here, I'm breaking you out! I talked to the doctor on the way in and he said with the way your injury is looking, you should be able to check out tomorrow." Instantly my ears perked up at the idea of going home. I missed our bed and I couldn't wait to nap in it once I was finally home. "Before we go home though, there are some people that would like to see you."

As if on queue, a family that I did not recognize entered the room. The two individuals I assumed to be the parents stayed close to the wall while a girl in her early twenties walked directly up to me and wrapped me in a massive hug. I was still lying in bed and did not know how to react to the stranger who was crying while awkwardly holding me in her arms. "How rude of me, I'm so sorry. I just, well we have been waiting for you to wake up for so long and when you finally did, your mate would not allow us to see you until he said you were ready. We are Andy's family and we wanted to thank you for saving his life." This girl smelled extremely familiar, although I was sure I had never met her before in my life. Her parents on the other hand smelled as though they were from another pack altogether, which only added to my confusion.