finn

we ate dinner then went back upstairs to watch another movie, but this time millie chose what we watched. she chose mean girls which i had never seen. we watched it as she was snuggled up against my chest and i would occasionally kiss the top of her head and play with her soft short hair. it was a pretty good movie, considering it was a girly one.
"millie?"
"hmm?"
"what did romeo do to you? because if he takes one step near you, he won't know what's coming." she laughed a little and shook her head.
"ok, it all started in eighth grade, he had a giant crush on me-"
"i could see why." i smirked and she giggled
"oh shut up, anyway he would always try and flirt with me, he was cute, i guess, but not my type, anyway my best friend Lila had a crush on him. he would ask me and ask me to go on dates with him and i would always decline. in freshman year, there was a party. we played spin the bottle and, of course, he got me. i didn't in no way want to kiss him, but i had to do i did. i pecked him but then he grabbed my arms and tried to deepen it. i shoved him away and Lila was furious. she thought that i did it, not him. she didn't talk to me for days, weeks, over a month in fact." she was choking on her words and tears were forming in her eyes.
"she blocked my number and said it was all my fault. she was my best friend, my only friend. romeo still didn't give up. i finally got to tell Lila that i had no feelings what so ever for him and she forgave me. then there was another party, and romeo was still trying to get all over me. it was loud so i went in the other room. lila was drunk so she was off doing god knows what. romeo came over and, you guessed it, tried to get with me. i kept shoving him off but he wouldn't budge."
she was breathing heavily and had fear in her eyes which she shut harshly and then opened and took a deep breath.
"shhhh millie, it's ok, it's ok. i'm here, you don't need to go on."
"it's ok finn, you need to know. he touched me. in places girls shouldn't be touched. i was screaming but the music was too loud and no one was in the room. someone started to come in and he sprinted. it was Lila, she helped me but i said i was fine, she still liked him but i never told her what he did. i would was stay away from him. the next month he asked Lila out. she still didn't know and i tried to warn her but she said yes. he treated her fine, well, that's what i thought. she came to school one day and was crying and crying. i took her to the bathroom and she explained everything. he-"
she was crying by now, still lying on me, my shirt getting wet from her tears. i rubbed her cheek and she kept going.
"...he raped her. she was scared, really scared. she wouldn't stop throwing up for days. she found out she was pregnant. from him. she was only a freshman, about to be a sophomore and school was thankfully ending soon but that didn't change anything. she broke up with him and he didn't even care. we would have sleepovers almost every night. her parents didn't approve of their daughter being pregnant at such a young age. she tried to explain but they shut her out. i was like her second family. but one night, that night changed everything. we were about to watch a movie, so we put on comfy clothes. we forgot to shut the blinds and little did we know romeo was there."
i knew where this was headed. she was on the verge of sobbing. she was practically on top of me, crying her eyes out. she put her legs close to her chest and leaned into my neck. i wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back putting my chin on her head. we sat like that until she calmed down a little.
"he took pictures. we had a bra and underwear on, thankfully, but he didn't stop there. he posted them, all over the internet and texted them to everyone. we didn't go to school for over a week. we were broken. he was a horrible kid. he kept dating girls and who knows what happened to them. i don't know what happened after, because i moved here. all that i do know is that middle of sophomore year, Lila have it up for adoption. me and Lila barely keep in touch because of the time differences and her parents never bought her a phone. i don't what it to happen again, not to anyone, it was horrible."
she was cradled in my arms, still slightly crying.
"oh my god millie, i'm so sorry, he won't get near a mile radius of you, i promise."
"promise?"
"promise. and if he does, i hope he knows how to run because that's all he's gonna do when i tell him what would happen if he got near you again."
"i love you so goddamn much finn wolfhard."
"and i love you even more millie bobby brown."

//

well romeos a bitch