Love and Terror (Pietro x Reader)

Your new apartment isn't as perfect as it seems

---

"I'm fine Steve, I'm home! Hear that?" You stumble over the threshold, banging your door closed for effect, "that's my door, it's shut and locked so stop worrying!"

"Hey! You rang me!" Steve laughed the other end of the phone, "you got lost running away from Pietro!"

"He kissed me! What was I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, kiss him back?" Your cheeks flushed with embarrassment, like that would ever happen.

"But he was drunk, and he caught me off guard!"

"Just sleep on it doll, I'll call you in the mornin'."

"Looove yooou Steve."

Hanging up before Steve can reply, you put in your headphones half stumbling half dancing around your apartment. Enjoying the warm buzz from all the Asgardian shots you don't notice the chill in the apartment, or your breath clouding over as you move around.

Changing into pyjamas and grabbing a glass of water, you snuggle under your covers, pulling them up to your chin. It didn't occur to you how strange it was to be this freezing in July, your thoughts too occupied with Pietro and your favourite song playing on repeat until you fell asleep.

"Urrghh, what the hell?" You groan and clutch your head, who was ringing you at...you flung off the covers, 3am?! Whoever it was was so in for an earful. You pick up the call, but all you hear is static. Struggling to focus you can just make out unknown on the screen.

"That's weird," The lamp clicks on and the door starts to rattle, "really fucking weird."

The room is as cold as ice and goosebumps form on your bare arms as you step across to the door. The noise stops the moment your fingers close over the handle. You pull, yanking on it yet it doesn't budge. This door didn't even have a lock, none of the inside doors did.

"Whoever you are, you better open this door!"

You must be dreaming. It had to be all that asgardian liquor messing with your mind, making you think you're in some ghost movie, right? You press your ear to the wood, hearing footsteps approaching. They stop outside the door and you run and hide in the covers, your heart beating out of your chest.