I walked around the double bed where I was originally planning to take a nap, and instead looked outside the double window. The view wasn't much, just the road outside and Christmas decorations on other houses. But it was either looking at that, or listening to 22 for the third time.

After thinking about it for a bit, I decided to try my luck with staring outside at whatever I found interesting. I already knew there wasn't going to be anything interesting to see, but the cold air could help me clear my head.

I regretted opening the window as soon as I did, as the icy cold wind hit my face. It was fairly warm inside the house, so this felt like a snowman slapped me multiple times. Well damn.

My eyes screwed up closed, though I refused to close the window too. I was sure in a minute or two I'd get used to the temperature, and I was also sure that Liam wouldn't be there in a minute or two as well. The only person I was expecting to see tonight wasn't there.

"Sal?" But let's talk about the people I wasn't expecting to see there.

I leaned back and looked to my right, where I knew another door was. I had assumed they led to a bathroom; and I was right about that too, as I saw blue tiles and a sink inside.

Too bad that Dominick was blocking my view of the rest of the room.

"Hey," He spoke again as he leaned against the door frame, a small smile forming in his face when he realized it really was me standing there.

I on the other hand, was far from smiling. My heart was pretty close to bursting out of my chest, though.

"Nick, hi." I smiled, trying not to seem as nervous as I was. I haven't seen him since he gave me three weeks of Christmas break from work, which was about a week ago. The last few days we spent together working at the music shop weren't exactly ideal either; I always felt awkward around him, because of his and Liam's 'staring contest', as he liked to call it, even though he was seemingly fine about it. Still, the place that used to be my favorite one on earth, wasn't anymore because of the two of them. Well, mostly Liam.

"What're you doing here?" He asked, his voice a little hoarse as he rubbed his eye. My guess was, he was either drunk or tired. But given the hour, he was more likely drunk.

"Um, I was invited... what are you doing here?" I asked back, hoping to break the tension. Even though I was pretty sure I was the only one who felt it.

"Same here." He gave me another smile. "Though I'm pretty sure I should slow down on the Jack."

Just as I'd thought. "Are you seriously, already drunk?" I looked at my wristwatch, "But it's only eleven-thirty."

"That's late when you're my age." That actually made me laugh.

"What age is that?" I grinned, "Seventy?"

"No, but right now I feel like a 70 year old."

I chuckled as he walked- stumbled over to the double bed, and sighed as he sat down on the edge of it. "Aren't you cold?"

I suddenly remembered I'd opened the window; the reason I wasn't feeling the cold anymore was probably because I was blushing. "Um, no. I actually opened it because I was hot."

Nick nodded and looked at my outfit, "I reckon you still are."

When my slow, anxious brain realized what he'd meant by that, it didn't make me smile. It didn't have any kind if positive effect on me; if anything, I just kept staring at him, with a look that I was sure said 'take that back'.

"Sorry, I..." Nick started as he glanced at his feet and then back up at me, "I get a little brave when I'm tipsy."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Is that how you call it? Tipsy?"