! one ¡

two years later

ginger

My arm hurt. "Maria what the fuck was that for?"

"Stop being a whiny little bitch. I don't have time for it today." Maria answers, running a hand through her long blonde hair.

I raise my eyebrows, "Really? I'm the whiny one?"

"Fuck off. Stop worrying about your soulmate and worry about how the hell we're going to stay alive today." Maria says, messing around with a locket that she always wears. It turns into two daggers.

Being a demigod isn't easy. It's just about anything else.

Take me for example: a daughter of Zeus who has powers over lightning and electricity. But I spark when I get nervous. I'm almost always nervous.

"Fine. What are we doing today?" I ask, standing up from my spot on the bench. Being homeless in Manhattan isn't easy either. Most things in my life aren't.

"Getting to the magical camp no one bothered to tell us about. I heard about it by the library. We will get there." She says, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"Magical camp? Sounds like someone got a wee bit high this morning." I say, shrugging her arm off of my shoulders. She likes to treat me like a child because I'm shorter than her, but I'm the older one.

"Not out of character for me, I'll admit. However I am very much sober today, therefore, today we walk to Long Island!" she replies, grabbing my shoulders excitedly.

"I need coffee. And I have enough money for us to not have to walk to Long Island." I say, yawning. Coffee is an essential part of my life.

"We're not wasting any money on your fucking coffee."

"You know Greg down at the Starbucks has a thing for me. I never have to pay for coffee." I smirk at her. I only exploit people when it's something really important to me. Like my caffeine, especially in the form of coffee.

"Fair enough." Maria rolls her eyes, "But how do you expect us to get to Long Island?"

"I've heard some rumors. I have a few drachmas to experiment with." I answer, beginning to walk away from her, knowing that she'll follow me. My purse is already slung over my shoulder and I smirk to hear her trudge behind me unenthusiastically.

"We don't have time for your caffeine bullshit." She complains, whining like a little kid. And she calls me whiny.

"Make time or you can walk to Long Island whilst I travel in style." I answer, looking back at her with a smirk on my face.

"Fine, whatever. I'll never understand you."

Once we have my coffee I go into the alley behind the coffee shop. There's barely any people around so I say the incantation I was taught under my breath and drop a drachma onto the pavement.

Maria obviously was expecting it to just hit the pavement so she looks at me in shock when it's absorbed by it.

A horrible looking taxi appears with three ladies in the front seat. The weird part is- they only have one eye and one tooth. Between the three of them.

"Is this the gray sisters cab?" I ask suspiciously inspecting the three women. No one had mentioned their physical deformities. It isn't that it matters, I'm just shocked.

"Yes. What is your destination, my dears?" The one at the wheel said. They were acting different than I'd heard described, but I didn't think much of it. Who acts the same all of the time?

"How much will it cost to get us to Long Island?" I ask, trying to count how many drachmas I had without pulling them all out of my bag.

"Depends on who we're delivering." The one in the middle says, raising an eyebrow.

"I am a daughter of Zeus. You will deliver my friend and I to Camp Half Blood for whatever I can pay or else I will crush your only eye." I say, suddenly becoming very intimidating. Ah, the times being a daughter of the king of the gods comes in handy.

"Feisty one. Like your sister Athena. Fine, get in."

Once they started driving I regretting not walking. If I make it to Camp without puking it'll be a miracle.

caelum

I'm laying in my bunk in the Nemesis cabin and writing in my journal.

"Dear diary,

I'm not sure why but I'm super pissed off today. I haven't really done anything, and yet I'm just bursting with rage. My siblings are being dicks- as usual, but no more than always. What in Hades is wrong with me? I can't just be mad at the world for no reason can I?"

I stopped writing once I heard someone scream. I casually got out of bed and exited the cabin to see that a cab had almost crashed into Thalia's Pine.

Two girls got out of the cab before it just disappeared out of thin air. Did they even pay?

The shorter one looked like there were sparks flying around her but I decided to ignore it. I looked down at my wrist, casually.

700 yards.

My soulmate is at camp. It has to be one of those girls.

But which one?

They start to walk towards the big house, and I decide to follow them out of sheer curiosity.

They seem to have a huge argument with Chiron before the blonde one leaves and heads for the Athena cabin. Blonde hair, grey eyes, who would've guessed that she'd be a daughter of Athena?

Then the one with black hair hugs Chiron and turns to leave. And trips into me after opening the door to leave.

"Sorry! I'm so clumsy, gods." She laughed, getting up and brushing herself off before offering to help me up.

I look at her wrist.

One foot.

This is my soulmate.

----

so yeah

this happened

i love them

so much