OS : Dard Jitna Milega

Start from the beginning

"Mujhse milne ke liye tumhe.... allow kisne kiya?",

as he utters these words, he pauses after 'tumhe' as he is sure that Naina when determined, doesn't wait for the permission of anyone. Even he himself felt his words to be so formal and useless, total wastage of this precious time! Come on he knows her better than this.

"Sir...!",

comes her one word reply. One word but it clarifies that all his doubts are correct. She went against the rules just to meet him! Just to get a single glance of him! Just to listen to his voice for once! Just... just to set her eyes on him for once, so that she could stay awake, comparatively relaxed than the previous night! As for sleep, how can she sleep when her teacher; her mentor; her Rajveer Sir; Captain Rajveer; her Rajveer is here stuck behind the bars???

Torturer, might you call him, but he doesn't make it obvious, her answer. He rather forces her to word her feelings by prompting her,

"Kya Naina?"

But only he knows how much self control he had to keep before uttering these two mere words through his choked throat! All of it makes the situation all the more intense for him!

But the gratefulness and love, that these two words bear, to his dismay or utter happiness, only he knows which one, don't go unnoticed by Naina. She feels them all!

Never ending the eye contact, and with teary eyes, she makes him know,

"I BELIEVE IN YOU SIR!"

Her merely speaking these five words instead of rejuvenating him; instead of making him to feel that now he has all the strength that he needs to fight against all the ordeals. That there is still hope, for the unbelievable to happen; for the miracle to take place; makes him feel all the more helpless!!

Yes that's true that there has been always a barrier between them. Bars, that he himself has created in order to shield his true feelings from Naina, but today he realizes how those self built bars are much more acceptable, and satisfactory than these real bars that are keeping them apart. Sometimes we try to show ourselves strong by restricting ourselves through imaginary things but when the real things restrict us from having what we desire; what we had faked that we can live without, we crave to get them all the more! Those things to which until yesterday we were not giving much heed to; or avoiding them on purpose, suddenly make us regret our decision of avoiding them!
Their true values in your life get realized!

Now Captain Rajveer, do you want to scold Cadet Naina for coming to you every single moment to seek your help? Do you want to insult her in front of your students today, telling her that she needs to stop walking with him, like a child? Do you want her to stop bothering you? May be you would like to tell her that you are resigning from your position of being her mentor? Or may be you wanna shout at her telling her how you don't want anymore to be her teacher? Her mentor? Her friend? Her ..... oh so many things!!! Do you?

He lowers his eyes, no not out of guilt. But because it becomes too much to bear, her blind trust in him. No, he wasn't unaware of her trust in him all this long. But some things when left unsaid is much more easy to accept than the feelings which are verbally spoken. Especially when a person is caught up in a state which mirrors to that of Captain Rajveer's! He is behind the bars, he cannot by any means show how her trust means everything to him. And Naina, she holds the power of both - to make him up and break him up too! He needs his moment to relax the contrasting feelings that are running down him - his immense self control; his urge to embrace her into a tight hug! Crushed her down, he would have today, had the situation would have been more favourable.