Chapter 2: Restart

"There it is guys! That's the Alola region" I yelled at the others around me.

After we escaped Kanto, I wanted to travel to Alola so I could try and take on a new region. I couldn't go back to any other region, as most of the traitors had probably went back home to their regions. After all, I heard Alola had recently started to install a league of their own and I wanted to try to win myself.

"So that's it, huh? I didn't think it was this beautiful when I pictured it in my head." Brock exclaimed in awe.

"I agree. This region has it's own beautiful flavor that separates it from all the regions I have ever seen." Cilan said.

"Yeah. I wonder what Pokemon are there that we haven't seen before..." Gary trailed off for a second, as we started to land in a city next to a Pokemon Center.

"Let's go heal our Pokemon. They have to be tired after the fighting and flying." I proposed. Everyone agreed with me. As we walked into the Pokemon center, I noticed a man in a lab coat with a hat on grabbing a Pokeball and preparing to leave. As he was about to walk out, he eyed us with interest.

I read his aura, and it seemed like he meant no harm, so I didn't bother worrying about him. We walked up to Nurse Joy and gave her our Pokeballs. We sat down and waited for our Pokemon to heal.

"Haven't seen any of you around here before. Where are you all from?" I turn around and I saw the same man that was watching us earlier. Once again, I read his aura and sensed nothing alarming about the man. I decided to start off honest.

"Oh, we are all from different places, but we came here from Kanto. Who are you?" I asked politely.

"My name is Kukui, and I am the Pokemon professor from Alola. It's nice to meet you all. Now what are your names?"

"My name is Ash."

"I'm Brock."

"My name's Gary Oak. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Bonnie."

"And I am Cilan. It's a pleasure to meet you professor."

He laughed. "Well it's nice to meet some new faces. Do you all want to come by my lab after your Pokemon heal?"

I looked at the others and saw no objection. "We would love to."

After we received our Pokemon, we walked out and followed Kukui to his lab on the outskirts of the city. Along the way, we asked Kukui to tell us more about the islands.

"Well for starters, there are 4 islands. Melemele, which is the one we are on, Akala, Ula Ula, and Poni. There are no Pokemon Gyms like in Kanto, but we have something of our own. We call it the Island Trial Challenge.

"Island Trial Challenge? What is that?" I asked, listening intently.

"It's basically the Alola regions Rite of Passage. You must go from island to island and complete those islands set of trials. Once you complete all the trials set by each captain, you must take on the Grand Trial that is set by the Island Kahuna." He explained.

"You will find out that our normal trials don't feature heavy amounts of battling. However, those trials have what we call Totem Pokemon. They are bigger and more powerful than the average wild form of that Pokemon. You must defeat them to complete the trial. As for the Grand Trials, you just need to defeat each islands Kahuna in a Pokemon battle."

I was shocked at how different this was going to be, but I felt ready. "Ok. That settles it. I am going to take on the Island Trial Challenge myself."

"You seem strong enough to attempt it. I look forward to when you start." Kukui said smiling.

"Ash, do you think I can try to take it on also?" Bonnie asked with hopeful eyes.