Returning The Favor

A/N: Hey guys! Surprise, I updated! I'm going on a week-long trip, so I decided to update before that and not leave you hanging for two weeks with nothing. This chapter is jam-packed with stuff! It was a lot of fun to write, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Also, the restaurant I mention in this? Really freakin' beautiful! Look up pictures of it, it's gorgeous. Anyway, enjoy this, and I'll be back from my trip with a new update for you :) Be sure to let me know what you think, as always! 

Matty had understated just how lovely the restaurant he set reservations for was. 

It was a place called Fazenda, and it lay inside the city. The lighting consisted primarily of candles resting on big chandelier-like structures hanging from the ceiling. A large bar cut through the inside, lit and adorned with marble. Couches and tables were scattered, and a large wine display fit behind the bar. It was certainly a sight to see to all who stepped through its doors and chose to sit and dine.

Matty walked in with Rylee's hand proudly in his, going right up to the front to check their reservation at what looked more like a high class front desk of a hotel than a restaurant greeter table. Rylee watched in amusement as he cooly spoke to the lady there. She must have known who he was given how shaky she was in trying to go through their system to find the reservation. Rylee sort of pitied her. If Matty could still fluster her, she could not imagine how someone who never encountered him before, and idolized him to some extent, felt. He was a bit of a presence, to say the least. Being ever the charmer though, he calmly worked his way through settling her, laying on sweet words and complimenting her hairstyle to soothe her frazzled nerves - a style which Rylee had to admit looked impressive. If only Rylee could pull off the beautiful, flowing, long maroon-haired style she rocked. 

The lady soon enough found Matty's booking and, grabbing two menus, had a younger greeter bring them to their table. They were seated towards the back of the place, mostly for the sake of not being seen, partially so that Matty could admire the extensive wine collection they had adorned on the walls for himself. One of the candle chandelier structures they added to the decor rested above them. Their waiter appeared moments after, smiling warmly. He was handsome, more in a conventional way as opposed to Matty's more specific brand, but still handsome. His near perfect smile proved that.

"Welcome, my name is Brad, I'll be your waiter today," he spoke, voice deep and not all that unlike George's. "Can I get you started with anything to drink?"

"Your finest Malbec," Matty said, not looking Brad entirely in the eye. Brad took down the order with a nod, turning then to Rylee.

"I could go for Pinot Grigio," she said with a soft smile. Brad nodded again, smiling back at her.

"I'll have those ready in a few moments."

As he left, Matty let out a sigh and scanned the menu. Rylee tilted her head to the side, confused.

"You okay?"

He hummed. "Yeah. He has a thing for you."

Rylee laughed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "What? Who, our waiter?"

"If anything, he at least fancies your look," Matty noted. "Thinks you're fit."

"Am I not?"

"Of course you are," Matty replied sharply, sounding as if it were the most obvious fact in the universe. "You're gorgeous. Anyone can see that. Unfortunately, that also includes him. Which is rather annoying, if I do say so myself."

Rylee smirked. "You're jealous."

"Untrue."

"Nope," she said, her eyes beginning to twinkle in the dim light, "you are! And not a 'George steals my dog every day' jealous, actual jealous. I can see it in your eyes!"