Forelskelse

Rylee's alarm rang far too early for her liking. Grumbling muffled obscenities and pushing the hair out of her eyes, she quickly snatched it from the bedside table and shut it off, quieting the air once again. Even after all these years of getting up for school, being up so early had not gotten any easier. She doubted it ever would, and feared the day it grew even harder to do so. It did not help on this particular morning that her head was already pounding from the aftereffects of the alcohol she had the night before, and that she was in desperate need of a shower. But, the room was once again silent, and she couldn't complain at that. Sighing, Rylee rubbed at her face. Not a moment later, a warm and heavy arm wrapped around her, keeping her from leaving her spot on the bed. Matty. She smiled as he snuggled her close. His breath tickled her neck.

"Morning."

"Morning, love."

"Sleep well?"

He nodded against her, sounding more like a sleepy teenager than a fully grown man. "Better than I have in a while."

"Do you remember last night?"

"How could I not?"

Rylee giggled. "You were very drunk."

"Well," he said, kissing slow and gentle at her neck, "you were very drunk and you remembered."

"...this is true."

She was snuggled even closer to him. "Do you have to get up now? You're soft."

"If you want me to get my degree so that I can have time to tour with you, I probably should get up now," she said regretfully, shutting her eyes. Matty kissed her again, his stubbornness bubbling up to the surface once more.

"Fuck school, love me."

"Is that the title for a new song of yours, Matty?"

"It will be if your bloody classes keep getting in the way," he mumbled under his breath. "How long until you can come back?"

"Well," she pondered, pausing for a yawn, "I've got two classes today, one that lasts an hour and another that lasts about two."

"That sounds like an eternity."

Rylee smiled. "They're going to feel like one, that's for sure."

"Can I bring you there?"

"Can you even get up from your bed?"

Matty sighed into her hair. "Stop trying to shove reality at me this early in the morning. I'm not even entirely properly willing to be convinced that the Sun's up."

Rolling over to face Matty, Rylee cupped his cheek and kissed him. "I've got twenty minutes until I have to leave. If you can get yourself up and dressed by then, you can take me."

"But my bed is sooo comfy."

Rylee rolled her eyes. Undoing the hold Matty had on her, she carefully got up and made her way over to where her clothes from the night lay discarded. She went to go shower and change in the bathroom when, out of nowhere, Matty appeared behind her and nibbled at her neck.

"Jesus Matty," she gasped while being brought into his arms, "you're like a cat. We need to get you a bell or something."

"What can I say, you're a great incentive to get out of bed. The distance was killing me."

"What's got you so lovey-dovey today? Are you always this way after getting blown the night before?"

Matty chuckled. "No. I'm just in a really good mood, and now that you're my girlfriend, I figured I might as well express it with you. Give you a rest from my normal brooding, reclusive nature."