3 - Pop! Goes the weasel!

Start from the beginning

“Just ignore them. Haters gonna hate.” Arma turned back to catch sight of Stabs, short for BackStabber.

  Stabs have dark navy blue hair that reached his shoulders. The hair above his right ear is shaved and placed at one side over his left eye. With the exception of Arma, he was extremely tall, just several inches shorter than the tall lad. His right ear had been pierced with an earring of a feather which he claimed to be from a hawk’s. He too, wore a striped shirt only he wore a black polished jacket over it. He also wore ripped jeans, black army boots and several rings on his left hand.

No one would expect from the way he dressed up, - which was occasionally regarded as a delinquent-, he was just as much socially impaired as Arma, probably even worse. For instance, his heart can be easily moved by clichéd movies and he can be captivated to things around him. He also had a very peculiar taste in women, a very weird taste in women, which can be elaborated for another day.

 When the first time Zatch and Phoenix introduced their third teammate to Arma, he didn’t trust him one bit; especially with the name of ‘BackStabber’. Although, when time passed by, Arma had found him pretty loyal to his two childhood friends in game matches and in Blessed Combat. He wasn’t at all what Arma thought he would be. He was just as any other ordinary teenager who had a very unique way of showing it publicly. 

“So...What happened to your lady friend?” Stabs asked suddenly, breaking away his thoughts. Arma blinked and rapidly glanced at Zatch, demanding an explanation. Zatch simply grinned brightly at him in return. It was obvious that he had told Stabs; chances are that he told Phoenix too. Well it was no secret to begin with.

“She had to go to an errand.” Arma answered dryly. For a while, he felt like he had forgotten something important. That’s when it hit him, literally.

The girl did it so fast, Arma didn’t see her coming. Phoenix had just arrived after a hair disaster, no thanks to Stabs and Zatch. She had to stay back and re-do it all over again. She, like Arma, came somewhat late. However, the moment she caught sight of Arma, was the moment she came raging in and piercing her fist straight to his ribs, which disappeared into his side.

Arma stepped back and clutched his injured side, wheezing severely as he devoted his best to breathe. The blow had knocked out every wisp of air out of his lungs. He stared at Phoenix, wide eyed, wondering why the hell would she go as far as to murder him in the stadium.  To that, she simply glared back.

“How could you! What have I done to deserve this?! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!” She wailed hysterically, flinging her arms everywhere as she attempted to punch him again. Arma, this time prepared, saw the fist coming and swiftly caught it in his hands.

“What did I do?” Arma asked. His voice was hoarse and weak from the pain and it took him a lot of effort to even squeeze his voice out. His question on the other hand, seemed like an invitation to her wrath as she kicked him brashly on his shins. Yelping in surprise, he fell back, clutching his shin while his side pain screamed for his attention.

“What the hell Phoenix?!” Arma asked, this time his voice slightly stronger despite the double pain he had to deal with.

“You!  YOU! YOU! YOU!...you!....you?” At first, Phoenix started out with such ferocity Arma felt like he would be already dead long before the random game starts when, her voice faltered lightly and a look of confusion was sprawled on her face. Just by looking at her face, Arma felt confused as well. It felt like the whole situation became one sided all of a sudden.

“Hmm... I see!~” Zatch said out loud in a sing song voice.

 “You purposely avoided Phoenix just long enough that she forgot what she was angry about!” Zatch pointed out cheekily, which if anything, made everything worse.  Before Arma could deny, Phoenix got angry once more and bashed her fist openly on his head.