Chapter Twenty-Two

I followed what Hannah put in her letter. She wanted me to come the day after the letter came. It didn't take much coercing to my parents to let me go. All they did was make sure I was taking Lizzie with me. I rolled my eyes as I walked away from them. They made me go with Lizzie when she visited Ciel and Paula was too damn busy to go with her. However, when I want to have someone with me and Lizzie is the only option, I get the response from my parents, "Don't you dare bring your sister with you when you meet with Earl Trancy." That comment always made me madder than hell.

Before my parents could say anything more, I left for Alois's estate. Lizzie was spending her time wondering what's been going on with Ciel. He hadn't been acting right and just recently it was like he's fallen off the face of the earth. There has been no letter or visit from him. Something wasn't right. Instead of recruiting me for looking for the answer since I was asked to visit Alois, she roped Paula into helping her find out.

During my carriage ride, I looked to my lap and looked at the picture of Ciel and his family before it was torn apart and went up in flames. I took it from my father's study when he left the room to tend to someone at the door. I looked at it and smiled. It was when everyone was so happy. Madame Red, even though she lost everything she loved, still smiled like she would when she saw me. It was the Phantomhive family that made me want to find somel suitor that could make me as happy as they were.

I was nearly asleep, holding the picture, when the carriage hit a bump and forced my eyes open. I looked out the window the carriage was riding through the trees slowly making the estate grow larger. I sighed with disappointment. I arrived too quick. I wanted some sort of chance that I could see Ciel before I went to ask him if he was planning on falling off the face of the earth, and to take me with him if he was.

The carriage reached the entrance of the manor. Claude and Hannah were waiting for me. Both bowed low when they saw me still sitting in the carriage. I hurriedly put away the picture and prepared to exit the carriage. I exited the carriage after a heavy sigh.

"Mistress Selena, His Highness is waiting for you," Claude said as he stood back up straight as an arrow. Something about him was inhuman, and the more he's around me, the more he freaked me out.

"Thank you," I said. I turned to Hannah. "Thank you for the letter, Hannah. I didn't know if Alois knew what I looked like anymore."

I was still a little mad about him mistaking me for Lizzie. I didn't know we had alike personalities. Or maybe, he was purposely doing it to tick me off.

Hannah bowed her head. "You're welcome." She turned to walk into the house. "Young Master has been talking about and wanted to see you as soon as he could."

As much as I was doubting it, it was nice to here someone wanted me for once. There was something in the way she said "Young Master" that made em wonder if there was something they weren't telling me.

As soon as I stepped into the manor, there was a different feeling to it. A different aura. Everything looked the same as before, but the feelings of everything changed. Part of me wanted to turn around and tell Claude and Hannah to forget it. The other part of me was yelling at me to finish what I started. But, why did the aura feel so different?

"This way, Mistress Selena," Claude said as he lead me down one of the long corridors and into the tea room. That was a new addition. When we stopped, he opened the door and bowed. "He is waiting for you in here, Mistress Selena."

I looked where he stepped, making sure I wasn't going to step on his feet on my way in. When I finally looked up to see a blond-haired Alois, I stopped and gasped. Alois changed his hair color. It was the same as Ciel's. His back was too me. But it wasn't Alois's hair that freaked me out the most. It was when Alois turned to face me.