Chapter Six

"Ciel?" I muttered softly.

I lifted my head as if I were asleep. For some reason, I didn't think I was asleep anymore than I thought Ciel would cross-dress to find some killer. When I lifted my head, I heard chains clanking and my eyes opened wider. It was still dark and the pale moon was the only light cast through the blackened room. The window that let the pale light in was barred. I finally gained the ability to see more of where I was.

I heard that shuddering laugh. I twinged.

"Ciel isn't here, my dear," he said.

He stepped from the darkness and into the pale light, giving me a good look at him. He was the man I danced with. Could he have really been the one Ciel was looking for?

"My, you are a pretty one," he said as he stepped closer to me, removing his glove. I widened my eyes. "I don't think there is another one as pretty as you are."

"Guess again," I snapped. I was wondering what he was going to do next and where the hell Ciel and Sebastian were at.

"Guess again? Do you have any idea who you are dealing with?" he asked as he brought my head up from the bow it was in. "I am the one that will kill you. No one is going to save you and... Wait, did you just say there was another one of you?"

I chuckled a little, trying to by Ciel and Sebastian time.

"Another one of me? No," I said, trying to go around it. He didn't need to know I had a twin sister who was pretty much the exact opposite of me. "There is just another that looks a lot like me. She isn't an exact replica and I wouldn't touch her if I were you."

It was his turn to laugh. "Don't touch her? What are you going to do?"

"It's not me, it's her betrothed," I said. I remembered once when Lizzie went missing, Ciel came to our house in the city to question me and Paula. 

"Ciel," I said as I opened the door for him. He walked in and took off his hat, as he normally did. His demeanor and aura screamed something completely normal. When he had his hat in his hand, I looked at him, worried. "Please say you're going to find Lizzie and bring her home safely."

I'm not made of stone when it comes to my younger twin. Even Ciel has to understand that. Maybe he does...

He bowed his head and nodded it back up, looking me in the eye. "Yes, yes I am," he said with certainty.

I felt a sigh of relief escape. I fought back the tears harder. Ciel was in my presence and I couldn't break now.

"Thank you," I said with a small smile.

"No need to thank me yet, I haven't gotten her home yet," he said as he cupped my cheek and wiped the tear away with his thumb.

I got him out of the house after he questioned Paula and waved as he left. I knew he wasn't happy about the whole thing. To me, it was like he was mad more than upset or sad.

It was later that night when Lizzie came home. We had a birthday party for Ciel, it was his birthday the day after she was taken. Mother and Father never kenw it was the Queen's Guard Dog that found her and brought her home. I never knew what happened that night.

"She's engaged?" Now I was taking the killer back? Honestly?

"Yeah, she's been engaged for some time now," I said casually, trying not to scare myself.

"And what about you, pretty one?" he asked. "Are you betrothed to a little boy?"

I bowed my head and thought about the boy I have yet to meet yet I'm betrothed to. I never knew this boy and I had yet to meet  him.

"Yes," I said truthfully. "Yes, I am."

"Who is this beloved boy of yours?"

"I wouldn't know, I've yet to meet him," I said as I bowed my head some.

He laughed deviously.

"Ooh, an arranged marriage," he said. He was starting to creep me out.

Oh, Ciel, Sebastian, you can come and get me now.

"Yes, I am of nobel blood," I said defiantly. "We marry within our ranking."

He laughed again. He was really starting to annoy me.

"That's just great!" he cried as he went on ranting about it.

"Ciel, you can come get me now," I whospered as the killer went on and on.

"So, my pretty one," he said. He snapped from ranting about my arranged marriage to jumping down my throat about dying. His hand was clasped around ym throat, ready to squeeze. "Are you ready fo rthe most nobelest of deaths? I can't cut you up like some of the others and I can't damage that beautiful skin of yours." He brushed my cheek with the back of his finger.

I shuddered and turned away. He growled with disgust.

He grabbed my chin hardly and made me face him. "Listen here, my pretty, you are going to die, and I am the one to kill you."

Okay, now I am scared and I spend my day with a demon butler.

A tear dripped down my cheek and I closed my eyes tightly, taking myself from the world I was currently in.

Just as soon as I stopped seeing his face and darkness surrounded me, I heard clatter and my chains rustle free of my wrists. I fell onto my knees and opened my eyes to see shoes in front of me. I looked up and saw glowing eyes staring down at me.

"Ciel?" I asked as I looked at those blue diamond eyes.

There was a maniacal laugh and I whipped my head toward the noise, scared out of my mind. He was merely knocked out. I looked to the blue eyes. I took his hand and stood up, trying not to cling to Ciel's arm like Lizzie would.

"Are you alright, Selena?" Ciel asked as he looked toward me.

"Yes," I said as I looked to him. I always found comfort in those blue diamond eyes.

"Good," he said.

"Where is..." Just as I was going to say Sebastian, he appeared in front of the killer.

"I'm sorry, but you have what we need," Sebastian said formally.

The killer laughed again. His laugh sent chills down my spine and I shuddered, trying not to hide my face in Ciel's shoulder.

"Look at this, one opponent and two victims," he said. "It must be my lucky day."

I widened my eyes as I gasped. I wasn't ready to die and by the looks of Ciel's eyes, he wasn't either. but he kept a cool, calm face.

"First, let me take my first victim," the killer said as he thrust a once concealed knife toward Ciel.

Blood spewed from Ciel's wound as he feel backwards. Sebastian looked as I caught Ciel before he collapsed on the ground. I dropped to my knees with Ciel's head on my lap. I clutched his wound with him. His plan was shot to hell.

"Ciel," I whispered as a tear formed and dripped down my cheek. "Ciel, stay with me."

"Selena..." Ciel whispered before his eyes closed.