As a last resort, I spoke up, "When we were little...m-my mom would always sing Hunter and I a lullaby that her mother sang to her, and it had been passed down the family. It's called Arrorro Mi Niño. Mom would always sing it when I had nightmares and couldn't sleep. Her voice was always very sweet, and I recall she used to sing for church when she was little, so she made it even prettier.

"Um... Wh-What I'm getting at here is...I can...sing it for you. I still listen to it sometimes. It helped me during my tough times, so maybe it could help you feel better too?"

There was a pause between us, one that was too long for comfort. Then, Ben sniffled and murmured, "Really? You'd sing...for me?"

I stammered my words, "W-Well, yeah. I mean, it won't be professional, it's just a lullaby, but... I can do it. If you want me to. If it helps."

Ben stifled a quiet chuckle and replied, "Yeah...okay, yeah."

Relieved, I nodded and said, "Alright. Um...d-don't be so far away. Come closer."

Nervously, I patted the spot right next to me, beckoning Ben to scoot closer. He got up and plopped down next to me, wrapped up in his blanket again. I held his hand to give him more comfort as I relaxed into the couch cushions with him.

"Okay," I started, "so...um..."

After I stayed quiet for a few seconds, Ben remarked, "You don't have to sing to me..."

"N-No, I said I would," I responded, holding both of his hands. "Just...let me remember the lyrics...okay..."

Taking a deep breath, I focused on the warmth from Ben's hands, and how soft his skin was, then started to sing quietly.

"Arrorró mi niño,
arrorró mi sol,
arrorró pedazo,
de mi corazón.

Este niño lindo
ya quiere dormir;
Um...I forgot the lyrics--oh right,
háganle la cuna
de rosa y jazmín.

Um...Háganle la cama
en el toronjil--is that right?--,
y en la cabecera
pónganle un jazmín
que con su fragancia
me lo haga dormir.

Arrorró mi niño,
arrorró mi sol,
arrorró pedazo,
de mi corazón.

Esta leche linda
que le traigo aquí,
es para este niño
que se va a dormir.

Arrorró mi niño,
arrorró mi sol,
arrorró pedazo,
de mi corazón.

Este lindo niño
se quiere dormir...
cierra los ojitos
y los vuelve a abrir.

Arrorró mi niño,
arrorró mi sol,
duérmase pedazo,
de mi corazón."

After I was done, I sighed and waited for Ben to say something. The blonde wraith tenderly squeezed my hands and I felt his head against my shoulder. In a timid tone of voice, he whispered into my shirt, "That was wonderful... Thank you..."

"Hehe, y-yeah?"

"Mhmm... So wonderful, in fact, that I want you to sing it again."

"Ah shit, uh..."

Ben chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. My heart started beating fast and I felt my cheeks flush at his hug.

"U-Um...yeah, I can...I can sing for you again...," I mumbled, caught up with the way he held onto me. He's feeling better at least, and that's all that matters.