🌸 Special Chapter One

Jin's POV

I can feel the cold breeze brought by the upcoming winter season. This will be my first Christmas together with my wife. To be honest, I am very excited about it as much as my wife is. My wife. I still can't believe that she is my wife now. Like all mine. I lied when I told myself I won't miss Misaki when I study at Osaka, far far away from her. That's not true. It's not that far, or at least that's what Misaki always used to say.

I missed her. A lot. Some days I'd just let out a loud sigh as I look at the moon, always wondering if she was looking at it too. And some days I'd just stare worriedly at her picture on my phone as I worry about the thought other guys might take advantage of her or worse, hit on her. Every night, I would have the same dream. A nightmare, in fact. That another man would take my love away from me.

Just remembering it sends shivers down to my spine. I'd kill for her. I don't care if she ends up hating me, but I just don't want any guy looking and touching her the way I only should.

I was so occupied with these thoughts, I almost forgot that I was having a dinner with her. I was taken aback the moment I took a glance at her and realized that she was staring at me with worry painted on her face.

"Darling..." A word came out from her slightly parted lips.

"W-what's...w-wrong?" Of all the time to be tongue tied, why now?!

"I should ask you the same question.", she said with a serious tone.

I think I just made her worry. What should I do? What should I tell her? I was talking to myself? Damn. That's obscured. She'll only laugh at my face. No...no. I uhhhh. First, I need to keep calm. Jin, snap out of it! Calm, I said.

"Nothing's wrong.", I said with a simple smile.

"Really?" She seemed to not believe what I said.

A nod was my only response. I couldn't find the right words to convince her. Yeah. I know, this is so not like myself. But what can be done? My mind turns blank whenever she looks at me like that.

"Ohhhh. Wait. Don't tell me you didn't like the strawberry milkshake I just ordered for dessert...", she said with a slightly shocked expression.

What made her think of that? That shake has nothing to do with this. And I did like it, to be honest. It tasted pretty good, actually.

"Huhh? No. It was delicious.", I said after a giggle.

Sometimes, I just don't get her. I can't understand the way her brain works. But that's also one of the things I like about her. She does what's on her mind. And she, doing her best, is so mesmerizing that I want her to keep being her best self at all times.

"Okay then! Hey, darling. Can we drop at Sakurasou tonight before going home? Please~" She plead with her big smile.

"Our house is just beside Sakurasou. Hahaha, silly. I don't see why not.", I told her as I pinched one of her cheeks.

"Hey! Hahaha! What did you do that for?", she pouted, rubbing her cheek.

I guess there is nothing to worry about. I know that she loves me. And she's all mine. I just have to put some trust in her. She'll be just fine. Just fine. Fine.

I repeatedly told myself on our way to Sakurasou.