Sherlock and you 😍

"My dear (l/n), how have you been? It's been so too long this time," You smiled as Mr. Holmes engulfed you in his arms.
"Holmes, I told you very specifically-"
"You would be awhile blah blah blah, I missed you." You laughed as you returned Mycroft's hug.
Of course you noticed someone else in the room. It was the younger Holmes brother. You never actually met him but Mycroft has told you about him here and there.
He was his younger brother and as much as he tried to deny it his feelings for his brother only grow stronger. A brotherly bond.
Made by two unemotional brothers makes it very strong indeed.
And you already have to deal with one, you know how much work it is. Don't need to add onto your workload.
"This is Sherlock Holmes, I've mentioned him a few times," Mycroft said, holding his hand out to his little brother.
"Hi, my name is-"
"(Y/L/n), yes I know, what else does Mycroft talk about these days?" Sherlock said, his personality was very full of himself. Very confident. Very bored.
Though according to what you heard this arrogant son of a gun is very clever.
"Well I would hope political relations as we work together," You said and you saw Mycroft nod and roll his eyes at his brother.
"Tell me (y/n), how long will you be here?" Mycroft asked you. This is usually the first question he asks in person, he never asks this over text or the phone.
"Actually Mr. Lestrade has offered me a position down at the station, I guess I'll be head detective, supposed to get a tour and reports from a guy named Anderson or something," you turned your full attention on Mycroft.
"Waste of time."
"The job or Anderson?" You turned to the younger Holmes in question.
"Both."
"It'll pay rent."
When he didn't say anything you turned back to Mycroft.
"So you'll be here for awhile then, two week at the most?" He laughed with you.
"No, too long I'm staying for a job not a life time."
"Why do you move around?"
"Oh come on Sherlock, you must have figured out by a string on her shirt, a crinkle in her past?" Mycroft laughed and you let out a chuckle.
"Well my guess is that her heart is too easily taken by people therefor she moves around to avoid seeing people and getting a friendship in fear that she will trust to easily. Or that she will betrayed."
"Well we can't all be stone cold bastards now can we?" You asked him. He didn't a say a word or acknowledged what you said.
"Anyways, well we will meet up, give me a report, got for a coffee. I just got a text. I'm needed," Mycroft said before leaving.
"Wait-" but it was too late. He left you alone with his brother.
You currently were just outside the station. You met up here with Mycroft for convenience. You left Sherlock and headed in the building.
"Do you have a place to stay?" You stopped and turned around hearing his voice.
"Not yet, I'll look for housing some other time, it was nice to meet yo-"
"Indeed a roommate, my current one got married and is now occupied somewhere else, rent is too high to pay for myself, it'll be convenient for both of us."
"I see, get my contact information from Mycroft and then text me the address."
"By the way, I am a detective as well, it's a waste of time to work under the law, I suggest you stick with me if you don't want to get bored."
"Why are you doing this?"
"My brother cares for you. I want to know why."
"What if it's because your brother just finally got a heart and is flinging it to the only female he is close friends with?"
"My brother doesn't have close friends."
"People change."
"Not Mycroft Holmes."
"What if you completely understand why he cares for me."
"Believe me I won't."
Now where have you heard that conversation before?
The Holmes brothers are so alike.
"Believe me I won't." Mycroft Holmes Scoffed at you. You stood in the alley, hands in the air, a gun pointed at you. You were done. He out did you.
"Oh I don't know, we'll be working and living very close together."
"I don't love."
"You better not.
"I do."
"I do."
"You may kiss the bride."
-------------