Chapter 9

Chris lay back on the ground and started listing off all of the constellations he knew. “That one is Draco the dragon,” he said pointing up at the sky.

“I don’t see it,” I squinted up at the stars. He inched closer to me and took my hand and made me point my finger. His body was pressed right up against mine and his face was so close I could feel his breath on my neck.  He pointed up to a group of stars that seemed to curve like a snake.

“Do you see it now?” he whispered in my ear.

“Uh huh,” I sighed nodding my head.

“And this one right here,” he said moving my hand to another group of stars that just looked like blobs of light to me. “That one is my favorite.”

“What is it?” I asked, slightly in a dazed

“That’s me,” I pulled away and looked up at him skeptically.

“No it isn’t,” I laughed and hit him on the shoulder.

“Yes it is!” He replied, “See. It even has my stunningly good looks.” He stood up and started to walk away.

“Your right, it does have stunningly good looks, but it still looks nothing like you,” he turned around and scowled at me and then stuck his tongue out at me as if he were six. I threw my shoe at him, but he only caught it. He then ran off in the opposite direction with my shoe in his hand.

I stood up and ran after him. When I caught up with him I jumped on his back and we both went tumbling to the ground landing with a thud, and rolled across the ground, but that didn’t keep us from laughing. He had his arms wrapped around me and when we stopped rolling he kept his arms locked around my waist. I laid my head on his chest and looked up at the sky again.

“Oh my god, I forgot to show you my favorite,” I laughed

“Oh yeah? And which one would that be?” he asked.

I pointed up to a group of starts that I knew to be Aphrodite, “Me.” I smiled.

 “You’re so much more beautiful than Aphrodite ever was.” I sat up and faced him, a look of pure surprise on my face. He was looking at me with the sweetest look on his face. He leaned in and his lips were on mine. I was kissing Chris.

His hands tangled in my hair pulling me closer and my mouth opened slightly.  And then I realized what I was doing. I pushed him away quickly.

“We can’t do this,” I said panting.

“Why not?” he looked confused.

“Well… because.” I said standing up. He stood up and took my hand.

            “Don’t tell me you weren’t enjoying that,” I just looked at him sadly, “tell me you didn’t feel anything and I won’t ever bother you about it again.”

            If I was being truthful with myself it was the best kiss I ever had, but I was not about to let him know that. With as much sincerity as I could muster I said, “I didn’t feel…” my voice caught in my throat, “a - anything.” I choked out the last word and then turned around and ran home. For once I was actually glad he didn’t follow.

***************************************************************

Short but so full of excitement!!! :D This is where it starts to get really good. The chapters might be sort of short for the next couple updates, but I promise to update quickly.

Please vote and comment. I would love to know what you guys are thinking :D