Chapter 6

At Eleven o’clock I was still rushing around the house to get ready, but by 11:20 I was completely ready to go. There was an unexpected knock on the door. Thinking it was just someone who was selling something we let the person who was closest to the door answering it. That person was Chris.

He opened the door.

“Hi,” I head Chris say from the other room.

“H-h-hi” I heard a familiar voice say. I got up to make sure it was who I thought it was. When I rounded the corner to the entry I was surprised to see Sam standing in the door way.

“Sam,” the surprise was obvious in my voice, “what are you doing here?”

She turned to me with a smile, “I thought it would be nice if I picked you up.”

“Oh yeah, um let me go and get my purse,” I ran back to my room and grabbed my bag. When I got back downstairs Sam was talking to Chris.

Sam laughed, “Really that’s so interesting, please tell me more.”

I walked out the door and grabbed her arm, pulling her after me.

“Hey wait,” she whined.

“Aren’t we going?”

“Well I was thinking that Chris could come with us.”

My eyes went wide, “uh no.”

Sam laughed, “I don’t think that is your say. So Chris… you wanna come?”

Chris smiled politely, “no that’s alright. I’m busy today anyways. My friends are bringing me my car today so I have to be here.”

“Oh alright,” Sam frowned.

“That’s too bad,” I said sarcastically, “now come on Sam lets go.”

“Well bye,” said Sam but she follow right behind me. When we got into her car she said, “Well that wasn’t very polite.”

“I told you he was a total jerk,” I said shaking my head.

“I meant you,” her tone was disapproving.

“Me?”

“Yes you, you could have been a little nicer.” She pulled out of my driveway.

“The whole reason for us going out today was to get away from him,” I explained.

“Ya well, I guess. You could get to know him.” She said raising her eye brows like it was the best idea she had ever heard.

“Why would I want to?” I asked

“Because it’s polite,” she pulled into a parking space at the mall and we got out.

“Yeah well he isn’t polite to me so –,” I shrugged

“Then maybe you should just be the better person.” She suggested

When we walked into Johnny rockets the waiter looked at us, and then approached us slowly.

“How many,” he asked me when he finally reached us.

“Two,” I answered quickly. He sat us at a small table at the back.

“So tell me about Chris,” said Sam looking dreamy eyed.

I raised my eye brow and gave her a smile, “if I didn’t know any better I would say that you liked him.”

“You didn’t answer my question,” she said smiling mischievously.

“Alright let’s see, He’s a jerk, and he has no regards for the rules at all. He thinks that he owns all pretty girls. Stop me at anytime.”

Sam laughed, “But he is also hot.”

“Yeah I guess he is kinda hot,” I rolled my eyes to show my distain.

“Oh don’t tell me you haven’t noticed,” she gawked.

The one thing I wanted to tell her right then and there is that I hadn’t noticed, but I also didn’t want to lie. It was hard for me not to notice his perfect abs through his shirt. Or his biceps that didn’t have anything covering them this morning when he tried to trap me. Even though all of those things flashed across my mind as soon as she had said that he was hot, I still couldn’t let her know, “no I really haven’t noticed.”

“Well that’s a shame. He’s nice to look at,” she sighed. The conversation all but ended, because our food had come. With any luck she wouldn’t bring it up again, but then again, I wasn’t known to have the best luck.