Part 11

Cyrus had been shoved into a prison cell as soon as he had been caught. I stuck close to Helion as we walked into the throne room. Today was Cyrus's sentencing and I had to be there to give my testimony. My fingers intertwined with Helion's large hand as my wings tucked tight against my back. I had been becoming more and more comfortable with Helion. The kisses we shared were always initiated by me. He had been helping me hone my battle skills and my reading skills. The reading skills were slow but they were coming along.

Being in the same room with the male who had claimed me behind my back and the one I was claiming was strange. Helion showed me where to stand, to the left facing the throne. I watched as Helion perched on the throne. My hands shook as Helion nodded to the guards. The doors open and chains rattled as Cyrus took his place to the right.

"Now that we are all here. We are putting Cyrus on trial for the attack and attempted murder of Carina." Helion gives me a reassuring look. "Now we will have Carina give her account of that day." So I did, I squared my shoulders and gave my account as best as I could. My voice wavered slightly but I got through it. "Cyrus you may give your account." So he did and it was not good.

"I don't know how we are even having this trial! She is a bastard who refuses to breed and abandoned her people. She is dirt! Carina is nothing." The whole room was quiet for a beat, Cyrus was the only one who didn't know we were mates. Helion rose from his throne with a deadly calm that scared me.

"Helion," I say. Anger was lining every inch of his body, and I was the only one who saw it besides Zavian.

"Death." That is all Helion says as he holds his hand out, Cyrus's eyes go wide. "Death is the only thing that will suffice for what you have said and done to my mate." Cyrus gasps at the word mate.

"Your mate is a high lord?" Cyrus chokes out in disbelief. I realize how much power I have in my hands at that moment so I saunter over to Helion. My hand rests on his muscled arm, and he glances at me before releasing Cyrus.

"Yes he is, but I think I would like to dole out punishment if that's alright with my High Lord." I glance back at Helion making sure my voice came out sultry. His eyebrows shot up at my tone and Zavian is grinning like a devil behind him. Helion gives a slight nod to me and so, I walk up to Helion and press my hands to his chest giving him a look that was pure dominance. My fingers wrap around his sword and I take it over to Cyrus.

"For your crimes I will clip your wings and relinquish you to the Night Court."

"No, Carina please no," Cyrus begs, his eyes wide and his hands shaking.

"You were willing to murder me and you are asking for forgiveness?" I slash my sword out and a deep gash splits his left wing then his right. His screams should make me feel guilty but I felt only relief. The sword clangs to the ground as I step away from the screaming figure before me. I turn and walk out without another word to anyone. My first thought was the training room but there would be many people in there so I went to my room. I ran a bath and settled in it for a very long time, letting the warmth wash over me. Eventually, I get out of the bath and put a thin dress on.

A gentle knock sounds at my door, as if trying to keep me calm. I open it to look up at Helion.

"May I come in?" I nod and move out of the way. He enters then flops down on my bed, lounging out with his head propped up. My eyes run over his toned, bronze body and I feel a hunger pang through me. Wrapping my arms around myself, I watch him as he cocks his head at me. The tunic he wore looked so easy to rip off that my hands ached to do so. I felt ready to finalize our mating bond. I loved him fully and completely. Helion was watching me with the same hunger, he stands and saunters over to me. The room seems to heat up twenty degrees as he moved towards me. The knowledge that he liked to sleep around never left my head but he was mine now. Possessiveness threatened to strangle me as I grasp his jaw and kiss him. My tongue sweeps along his bottom lip, commanding him to open for me. He obliges and I kiss him thoroughly as my hands wander to his shoulders. I dig my nails into his bronze skin and his hands cup my ass as he pushes me against the wall. I tip my head back as his lips find their way to my throat. My fingers deftly undo his tunic and it falls away to reveal a toned body beneath, evidence of his want for me had me groaning.

"I never imagined female Illyrians could be so possessive." he murmurs against my skin. His fingers tug my hair out of the braid it was in, and running his hands through my long hair, he undoes the tie at the base of my neck so my dress falls off. I shove him away from me with a wicked grin. An amused eyebrow cocks at me and I push him onto my bed with a grin. He collapses with a startled laugh as I pounce on him. Lowering myself onto him, I tip my head back at the feeling of him. His hands come up to hold onto my thighs and Helion watches my face as I move on him, meeting me at a fast pace. We shatter together then he flips me onto my back with a grin.

"My turn." he grins. His full lips follow down my neck to my stomach and lower. My head tips back as I moan his name. Fingers fisted in his hair, his tongue lights me up. Helion ravishes me till we both tip over the edge. When he thrusts into me, I look up at him to see him glowing. His whole body lights up the room and I wrap my wings around him to bring him closer to me.

"You are my sun and stars." I breath at his magnificence. The smile that lights his face is so full of love that I needed to taste it. So I do, and he takes me over and over again. I take him as well, not letting a male dominate me fully again but I would let him make me scream his name.

"I love you." he whispers as he nips my ear.

"I love you, too."

As the sun lights up Helion's sleeping face, his hand on my naked hip, I shift to run my fingers through his soft locks. My thumb runs over his thick eyebrows to trail down his temple while my pointer finger runs over his lips. I twirl his onyx locks around my finger savoring the feel of his hair. Sweeping away his hair from his eyes, I stare at his thick dark lashes. I had wondered if he curled those long lashes and painted them black but they were natural. That's when his golden eyes pop open. His lips tug into one of his typical grins that sends heat through me. Helion grips my hip hard and with his other hand slides me onto his lap. Looking down at him with his beautiful eyes and kind heart, I feel he is too good for me. Too good to be my mate, but yet here we are. I open my mouth to voice my concerns when he pushes me toward his mouth and his tongue lights a fire in me. A cry comes from my lips as I tip my head back. My hips buck up against his mouth as he pleasures me. Fingers join his tongue making me almost scream out his name. He works me into a frenzy before Helion flips us and kisses me so I can taste myself on his lips. Then thrusts hard and deep, making me forget how to breath as his lips trail down my neck.

"My mate," he moans as we find our rhythm. "I never thought I would have a mate." I feel wetness on my collarbone and I gently lift his head so he must look at me. Tears shine in his golden eyes, I wipe them away as we still. "After everything, I never thought you would be the one to hold my heart. You, my fallen star."

"I am not worthy of you," I say before I stop myself. That's when his brows furrow as I continue, "I might as well be a bastard for any parents I had were lost to anyone's care. I was never meant to be more than a body to be used and abused. My warrior soul was meant to be ripped out of me but you helped let it become something alive. My Helion," I murmur brushing his hair behind his ear, "you have saved me from death itself." His eyes are wide and full of such deep emotion I couldn't breathe as he kissed me thoroughly.

"Be my high lady." he murmured against my lips, his tongue accentuating his words.

"That would not go well." I say.

"I don't care. You are my mate and if Rhysand's mate can be his High Lady, you can be mine. You will never have to have children. You will never have to submit to any male. I will personally finish your training. We can make our own tattoo up. We don't need Illyrian tattoos. If anyone has a problem with it, they can take it up with my mate." I couldn't think or comprehend what he was saying.

"Wait Helion," I sit up, forcing him to perch over me. "You are serious?"

"Very."

"I don't know what to say."

"Say yes." he says, gently threading his finger through my hair.

"Yes." I breath. He lets out a laugh then kisses me thoroughly.

"We shall have a grand celebration with all of the Day Court! There will be food and dancing! We shall celebrate our mating bond in style."

I hated being the center of attention but I didn't care because this is what he wanted. He would have it. I smile at him and kiss Helion before pulling away. He lets out a whimper as I walk away, and with a smile, I crook my finger at him to follow me into the tub. Helion lets out a low chuckle and obliges me.