Chapter Thirty One: Take Me Away

||

"Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you."
–Ewan Mcgregor

||

○○○

The end of June was drawing near.

Eleanor had gone back to the beach with her friends and she got some color on her skin and started eating again. Her siblings made an effort to come home more often to spend those beach days with her, even if it meant her and James would fight in the sand over the silly Muggle game of football he showed them.

She didn't even bother speaking more than two words to her mother though.

Things were peaceful, the way it should have been when she came home weeks ago.

But Eleanor wasn't suffering anymore and she could finally start her summer.

Eleanor sat at the small chestnut wood vanity desk, just finishing her subtle make up and pinned her hair back into a bun. As she sat there in her black dress, her black gloved hands wrote with a quill on a piece of paper to Tom Riddle.

"...and Sunday morning I can meet you at the lighthouse you saw in my dream. I still meant what I said when I told you I would pursue this adventure with you. I may not have a reason to leave my home but I know I want to do this with you.

- Eleanor"

Then, she slipped the paper into a sealed envelope and carried it to the owl sitting at her window. Once it flew off Eleanor turned around to grab her purse before leaving her room.

Today was the day of Ms.Malfoy's funeral.

Death wasn't something Eleanor took lightly so someone who was just clarified as healthy last month now dying out of the blue was something that would tear everyone apart.

The Parkinson family drove just down the rode to the Malfoy manor. There were dozens upon dozens of people there to support the family.

Beyond the wrought iron gates was a gravel driveway with a long hedge curving alongside it.

It was a similar plot of land to hers except more grim with its wooden structure as dark as charcoal. It seemed fitting for a funeral.

Eleanor had witnessed a murder yet a sweet, innocent woman who cared for her slipping away from the world without warning seemed even more devastating. She walked through the house along its sleek wooden floors and tall, brooding walls until she was met with the coffin in their massive room.

This was a different type of death that she stared in the face.

She realized that if she ever held all three deathly hallows, she would control it. She wondered exactly what that meant now that she thought of it. If anything, she wished to prevent it for those who don't deserve it: specifically, Alekko Krum and Ms.Malfoy.

There was a reception following the open funeral for a limited group of friends. It was a few other Pureblood families and Ministry officials with their families as well. She stood by her father's side most of the time, feeling awkward even among people she's known all her life.

The only missing piece was the Minister himself who just happened to be in Albania as well as Tom.

While her father spoke to the Rosier parents, she stood there scanning the room.

Just as her eyes fell on the white haired boy across the room, she had caught him in the middle of storming away from his friends there for support and barging out the back door.