The more that I’d like to have wasn’t ever going to happen. I couldn’t be with him, the father of my child.

I sighed, “I need to see the doctor next week,” I said aloud.

Greyson stopped talking and dipped his brows, “Why? Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I just need to get a couple things checked out,” I couldn’t bring myself to tell him either, what was wrong with me. Why did I feel so afraid, why couldn’t I just tell my best friend.

I was embarrassed.

“Do you want me to come with you?” he asked, “I can you know. I don’t need to go back Monday morning.”

Shaking my head, “No, it’s ok. You go back, your classes start up again soon and you can’t miss them.”

“True,” he smiled. “Let me know how it goes, you’ve got me all worried now.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not,” I smiled. I was more than worried. I was freaking out on the inside. This was all about to become real. Much more real than I ever wanted it to be.

We left Starbucks and made our way through the mall. Neither of us in the mood to shop, we just went browsing in the windows. An hour of that and we headed back home, grabbing some takeout on the way to lay around the house and eat while watching movies.

On the way down the pathway to my little home away from home I was stopped by my father’s voice. “Sage, wait up. I’d like a moment please.”

Oh god, I looked at Greyson, “Meet you inside, chose what you want to watch.”

“Sons,” he wiggled his brows.

“Hmm Jax Teller, give me him anyday and I’ll be happy,” I licked my lips, failing at being seductive.

He winked, “You and me both.”

“You can have Clay, he’s more your type,” I teased.

He groaned, “Bitch, hurry up or I’ll start without you.”

I laughed making m way over to where dad sat in the patio. I sat across from him when mum walked out with some hot tea and biscuits on a tray. Something was up.

“Sage, feeling ok today?” Mum smiled, offering me a cup.

I couldn’t refuse her tea, it was always good. “Thanks, and I feel ok. Except I am tired from dad’s party he threw.”

Dad chuckled, sitting his teacup down. “Oh sweetheart, your sister and Tony were heading off just as all the oldies left, that’s when the real party started and boy, did we drink back here.”

“I know, I had three men wanting to crash in my space, not cool mum,” I shot her a playful glare.

She sighed, “I wasn’t letting them throw up on the good bedding, from what I heard Daniel was quite sick. Must been something he was allergic too.”

If only she knew what really happened.

Dad cleared his throat as I opened my mouth, “I know you start school soon again but we have a offer for you.”

Now I was curious, but also wary. “Yes?”

“More of a bribe, stay here and don’t leave,” mum blurted out.

I sighed, “Mum, I have my course to finish.”

“Yes but you can still finish it online, why don’t you look at opening up your own store here. You’re father has told me about some great space that’s going to be available soon, he’s head of the council and in charge of the new shopping division. I think it would be a great opportunity for you,” she beamed, looking happy.